POR and Early Check In

My husband and I are going to WDW next February. It will be our first time back in over 20 years, so pretty excited about it! My question is this; we are staying at POR and will be arriving around 11:00 am. Has anyone ever had luck with getting into their room that early? Any tips on how I can make this happen such as requesting early check in, etc.?

I doubt you’ll get in to your room that early, but you can always leave your bags with bell services then head to a park for the day.

Thank you

Also, have you seen this?

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/resorts/early-check-in-ticket-availability/

Or this:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/online-check-in/room-readiness/

We’ve already purchased our tickets and linked them to our magic bands, so we’re good there.

I have heard (but not experienced) that requesting an early check in will override any other room preferences that you have. So, if you have a preference for a room (building, floor, particular view or room number) requesting an early check in may override those requests and they will just give you the first room available in whatever category you have booked.

Maybe somebody else can speak from experience, but I just wanted to toss that out there.

1 Like

Thank you

Hmmm. Never thought about that, but it does make sense.

On another thought, I wonder if by checking in late (we won’t be in town until after 7pm on our arrival date) we will be less likely to get one of our requested rooms due to having been given to those checking in before us on a first come, first serve basis. Or maybe we will be the most likely to get an upgrade if my reservation tier was overbooked since everyone before us would get their reserved tier first? Guess I’ll keep my fingers crossed!

I have gotten into my room at PIR at 9:00an. You never know ! They could also have you wait until 4:00!

Yes, with online check-in you can check the “early arrival is most important” box and they make it clear that will override any other requests you make.

So if you want the best chance of having a room ready early, you’re best not even bothering with a location request as you’ll just be taking what they have for that early arrival.

That said, if you DO want to request a section/area you could do that, not check the early arrival box, and store your luggage if the room is not ready.