POP vs Port Orleans French Qtr

I haven’t ever slept on one of the sofa beds as we are two adults that only travel with each other. I have seen a lot of reviews of people saying they are very comfortable. That is a good question to ask on the regular chat as you’ll get a lot more replies from those that have tried it.

1 Like

what’s regular chat? lines app?

1 Like

Yes sorry. That was around long before these forums and when these opened a lot of people never made the switch so you get a few more answers there.

You can also access it from your computer by going to m.touringplans.com

1 Like

I have just posted that question for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think I just need to talk DH into moving to Orlando! haha

1 Like

To judge size better, look at Google maps - earth view. Actual aerial photo, not line drawings.

This is smart!
Thank you!

Another simplistic way to view it is rooms. Pop has 2,880 rooms across 4 floors or 720 rooms per floor. POFQ is 1008 rooms over 3 floors, or 336 rooms per floor. That means Pop is going to be > 2X the size roughly. That’s a much bigger footprint for the overall resort.

1 Like

this assumes each room is equivalent in size, and doesn’t factor in the amount of space between the buildings.

1 Like

Of course. Pop’s rooms are smaller but with the ratio at 2.14 room wise, there’s margin for the 2X to be about right. Like I said, it’s simplistic, but easy to get a SWAG for it. Shall we say, looking at those numbers you know Pop isn’t anywhere near the same size as POFQ, right?

1 Like

No. Sorry.

@Outer1 so thanks to you, i’m looking into renting points and planning Oct 2017. I haven’t taken my 2016 trip yet!!! LOL I am so lucky that DH loves Disney. Much to my surprise, he already asked DD if she wanted to go for Halloween. So, looks like I’m heading to Disney 2017 MNSSHP!! :sunny:

2 Likes

We’re going from 10/31 - 11/9 this year to get both the Halloween and Christmas party in, but I would warn you that you do not want to try and rent points during any major holiday or race that is going on as it’s extremely hard to get a rental at those times. They book up really fast.

Other than that good luck. You won’t regret it, other than that the fact that you’ll have a hard time even considering POP after staying at a deluxe lol.

We take a very nice vacation for spring break. I honestly don’t mind POP - as long as I’m only sleeping and showering there. :slight_smile:

Where do I find the race schedule?

1 Like

http://www.rundisney.com/

thanks. looks like they only have them scheduled thru May 2017 right now. Do they keep the monthly pattern?

1 Like

Yes they are almost always the same weekend of the same month. But it is Disney so there is never any guarantees lol.

1 Like