Pool access on check-in at Beach Club

OK so looks like I won’t be checking into a DVC at BCV when I wanted it.
If I can get a DVC, it won’t happen until the day I planned as a pool day.

Do you think that I’ll be unable to access the pool on check-in day?
Can I rent a cabana on check-in day?

You can access all of a resort’s amenities on day of check-in. You’ll be fine.

But I saw those cabanas yesterday and if you can swing it - and there’s availability - i would totally do it!

4 Likes

It’s on my To Do list.
And Bonus: it’ll be on Mother’s Day.

1 Like

Oh then heck yeah. Mama needs a cabana. And a cabana boy. :rofl:

4 Likes

I don’t know if they rent those… :thinking:

2 Likes

Everything can be had… For a price

4 Likes

“Honey, I don’t think that’s what they mean by rider swap”

6 Likes

Ok I’ll leave it. Never mind. I was about to go too far. I’m like Moana sometimes (when I go there’s just no telling how far I’ll go)

3 Likes

And now I’ve got that song in my head
Thanks

1 Like

I aim to please.

What can I say except you’re welcome?

4 Likes

There are only 4 cabanas, and I learned (unfortunately after almost THREE HOURS on the phone with Disney) that they are always snapped up at 60 days prior. But I will cross my fingers that you get lucky and that someone has a cancellation…

1 Like

Im sure I mentioned in my trip report, but I must have just been super lucky in late March. I was able to book a cabana at 31 days out (checked call log), no idea if it was previously all booked and then a cancellation or not.

Then at check in, they realized they booked me a BLT cabana, but somehow there were still 2 open SAB ones out of the 4 so we got to pick. To top it off, they refunded the incorrect BLT cabana and never recharged for SAB.

Totally worth it, even when charged, to have that private spot with some nice perks at the best WDW pool for the day, especially check in day when you may not have a room right away. Having Hurricane Hannahs food and drink delivered to the cabana was awesome. Hoping there’s availability when you call.

5 Likes

They do have wait service to the tables and chairs as a worst case scenario!

3 Likes

Am I correct in understanding that only guests of the Yacht Club and Beach Club/BCV can access Stormalong Bay and the cabanas there?

3 Likes

yes

2 Likes