Ah. Is this a perk of being a DVC owner?
Oh that’s very interesting. I hadn’t thought about that, I don’t bring my cell phone either. They’ll have to figure out something for sure.
Yes DVC owners can normally pool hop, but I believe Stormalong and 1 or 2 others are excluded.
I remember reading that Stormalong was excluded. I don’t remember reading that any others were
Yep! But almost all of the really good ones are excluded. The feature pools at all the monorail resorts are excluded, Big Blue pool at AOA, Stormalong Bay and I think Luna Park pool, but I’m not sure!
Pool hopping is a DVC perk, open to all members.
Know Before You Go
View details about capacity limits, blockout dates, excluded pools and more.
If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the Resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability.
Resort hotel pools may become unavailable from time to time due to capacity limitations. Due to the high occupancy that is expected, you and your overnight guests may not pool hop during the following dates:
- December 20, 2019 through January 2, 2020
- May 22, 2020 through May 25, 2020
- June 28, 2020 through July 6, 2020
- September 4, 2020 through September 7, 2020
- November 23, 2020 through November 28, 2020
- December 18, 2020 through January 2, 2021
As a reminder, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.
- Pool hopping is not available at the following pools at any time—with no exceptions to this policy:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Bay Cove Pool
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – pools
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas – leisure pool
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – pools
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort – The Lava Pool and leisure pool
- Disney’s Riviera Resort - Riviera Pool and Beau Soleil Pool
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Boulder Ridge Cove Pool and The Copper Creek Springs Pool
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort and Disney’s Beach Club Resort – Stormalong Bay
Now they know people will pay for them I don’t see free ones returning sadly.
We stayed at ASMovies in January and definitely used Magic Bands to unlock the gates in both main pool and smaller pool.
If you’re staying at Pop I believe you are allowed to walk over to the AoA pool and use it too.
So, basically, the “perk” of being able to pool hop as a DVC member doesn’t include any of the pools you would actually care to hop to. Got it!
The AKL pools were removed from the list relatively recently. Those are great pools.
The one I would love to do is the POR pool - Ole Man River. That’s on my to-do list for next time. Might try that clown slide too, Luna Pool is permitted.
Yes, there are certain resorts where any guests can use both pools. I think that’s
POR and POFQ.
Jambo and Kidani.
What I posted is the DVC rules on pool hopping, not for other guests.
Edited to remove POP & AoA which do not allow reciprocal pool hopping.
@ppehap You cannot use the AoA pool if you are a Pop guest. Two totally different resorts. You can eat at the food court but no pool. Big Blue Pool requires magic band access.
Weve never paid for one. This year I was thinking about it. The cost of the free band was probably already figured in by Disney somewhere along the line.
I’m new to the whole Magic Bands thang.
Are they sufficiently water-proof to take into the pool?
Yep. I never took mine off the entire trip, even in the shower and pool.
yes, as @ryan1 said… but my DS lost his several times in the pool due to horseplay with cousins. And we made him go to the front desk to get a replacement hoping he’d do better next time… it happened 5 times that week. And they gave him a pink one each time; he asked for pink.
Same, 2 week trips. Including at universal!
I’m sure it was but if they don’t have to it’s more profit.
Oh…we bought those little rubber things to keep them on better! Not sure if I might have lost it otherwise.