Polynesian - which room type would you choose?

Would you choose to stay at the new Polynesian Studio Villa or in a Standard room? They are coming out to be about the same price for our upcoming trip. I think it would be cool to stay in the new Studio Villa, but worry that the pull out couch will be less comfortable that a regular bed in the Standard room.

1 Like

When are you planning on going? I am booked for a DVC Villa in Dec, and would be happy to pass along my thoughts after the trip! Personally, I am not worried about the pull out, because I like the idea of a little extra floor space when it’s closed. Besides, my kids will be sleeping there;)

1 Like

How many people are in your party? Do the regular rooms have the 1 1/2 baths like the Villa studios do? If you have a group of 4, the extra 1/2 bath (with sink and shower) may make it easier to get ready. Disney’s pullout couches are more comfy than some hotel regular beds, IMO. They are not your usual thin mattress with a bar through your back, but rather a huge foam mattress that is super comfortable.

We have two little ones - 5 and 2. I’ll sleep with one and the other with my husband. Good to know that it’s not a standard mattress on the pull out!

I really don’t care about the extra shower and sink. But I did hear that the studio had a microwave and toaster and that is a big bonus for us because I can pack bagels and oatmeal packets for breakfast.

Does anyone know if if all the studio villas face the TTC? I read some complaints about the ferry horn.

There are different views in the studios: Lake view and Standard. Some of the standard view face the TTC

check out tikimanpages.com. It’s an awesome resource for all things Poly.

I’ve not stayed there but was looking at the studios at the Poly, the new shower area in them looks amazing! And I agree with spartanmommy3 the extra 1/2 bath could be a great time saver.

AGREED! We are booked for Dec 2016. Two teens, a school age and toddler! Two showers will come in handy:)

1 Like