Polynesian for rent! 1/23-1/30, 2021! Save us?

Not sure if this is allowed, so bear with me, and apologies if it’s not! Back in January of 2020, when thoughts of COVID impacting travel here were nonexistent, my family, friends and I booked three standard DVC Polynesian rooms through a third party DVC rental company for the week of January 23-30, 2021. We had been planning the trip since 2014, and saved for quite a bit for the deposit. I’ve been to Disney countless times, and booking the trip for January made me confident that travel insurance wouldn’t be necessary (no chance of hurricanes!). Well, you know where this is going. Now here I am out $4000 (1300 deposit x 3 rooms), and unable to travel in January 2021 like we had originally planned. With nine of us going, and living in the Northeast, January 2021 in Disney under the current circumstances for all nine of us is just not an option, unfortunately. Because we skipped on insurance, the reservations are 100% nonrefundable, and I’m out the deposit I took years to save. Cue my sad little violin.

But! The company has listed the reservations on their website as “confirmed reservations”, meaning if someone IS able to travel in January and wants to book our rooms they’re available! So this is my attempt at advertising our rooms - while we have three available (January 23-January 30th, Polynesian, Standard), even if one or two get rented we’d get some money back, which would make it possible to go in the future! So, with that, if you find yourself looking to go back to Disney this January (park hopping will be back!), please consider picking up our poor little Polynesian rooms and helping me stop having weekly stress dreams about how much money I lost.

If you ARE interested, you’d be booking directly through the company, so no fear that I am a crazy person looking to scam you and take your money and run off into the night. I would be able to give you our reservation number(s), since there are multiple rooms for the same week available. I believe the going rate currently is ~$2600 for the week (that week is currently ~$4000 with AP discount). Dates are not flexible, and we only have until around Christmastime before the reservations will be pulled from the site and we’ll lose the money. Perhaps this is a Hallmark Holiday movie in the making, and while I’ve been sitting here eating donuts in the shower while crying about the money and trip I’ve lost, you’ve been sitting around wondering what to do the week of January 23rd!

Thank you for your time and consideration. Maelstrom forever. The end.

Edit: Whoops - we only have until December 9th to fill the rooms, not December 23rd like I thought. So pass it along!

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forum and I’m SO sorry about your situation. I think you’ve picked one of the best places to get this out there though. I wish you the best of luck. :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yes!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Massachusetts here- so I too cannot travel right now, but the post is allowed!

Oh good to know! Kept waiting for the fateful not allowed email, glad it can stay!

1 Like

I was about to book all three rooms. But then you said this. And now you’re dead to me.

4 Likes

Uhhhemmmm, it was one of my favs too :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: love the dark rides and it was a bit creepy, which suited me, a slightly darker Disney.

1 Like

You’ve been dead to me for some time.

1 Like

It was weird and spooky, what’s not to love!?

2 Likes

I know, right!

1 Like

Love it LOL!!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re in this situation! I hope that you’re able to get some of the rooms rebooked. :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Weird how @sanstitre_has_left_the_building keeps talking to dead people.

3 Likes

Remind me what it is you do on Sundays . . .

(That’s right. I went there. Happy Thanksgiving.)

2 Likes

Yeah, yeah, how’s that color coded spreadsheet coming? :grin:

2 Likes