Polynesian add-on

What are y’alls thoughts on adding on a resale contract for Poly? There are a couple on the market now that look feasible for what I want, but I’m just wondering about the impact of the tower and new points. I’ll never buy enough direct to get perks so that part doesn’t influence my decision. I’m just torn on the future impact of the tower.

1 Like

I’m hesitant to recommend anyone do anything with purchasing Poly - direct or resale - until we know how they will classify the tower. If they make it a separate resort you’d never be able to use your points there.

Though if that doesn’t matter much to you, now’s the time to buy something resale. Things are moving quickly through the process, the ROFR monster still sleeps, and prices are starting to slowly go back up.

1 Like

That’s really what got me looking honestly. I would like another small contract and I either want SSR, AKL, or Poly. It would be nice if the tower was treated like the GF resort studios.

I can see it going either way.

On the one hand, the tower as part of the existing resort will help to shift some of the excess points of the bungalows - which almost nobody can really afford - to other accommodations which members have been saying for years is lacking at Poly and is the one thing that makes it less desirable

On the other hand, they could totally make it like a Copper Creek/Boulder Ridge situation, and they would still have no problem selling it or having the rooms booked nightly. So more money for them, and it would make sense.

Truly, if staying in the tower will be important to you, I would wait. We should hear something soonish.I think if it’s supposed to be ready in 2024 (it is, isn’t it?)

2 Likes

I think so. They’ve certainly thrown it up quickly.

2 Likes

I was tempted last fall to buy Poly points. But even a 1 BR might not be enough for some of my future trips.

Have they confirmed what room layouts will be in the new tower?

Not officially.
There’s not been a ton of information supplied overall
Basically we have assumed there will be a mix of room types - because if there isn’t they haven’t been listening to the overarching complaint about poly

2 Likes

I would be disappointed if the tower was just 1 BRs that sleep 4. They need, like you said, a good mix of options. What they don’t need are more studios or 4 ppl sleepers, IMO.

2 Likes

10000000% agree

2 Likes