Poly vs Yacht Club

I like this. Because I LOVE WL, but also like YC because of what others have already said. Although will you be spending any real time at WL? because that is a lot of moving around

1 Like

Agree id only switch resorts if you are planning to actually spend time there. If not the transportation isnā€™t enough to make me moveā€¦

2 Likes

I just returned on Monday from 2 weeks at Beach Club ā€¦ we ate at the Poly Ohanas and thought the hotel was beautiful and full of character ā€¦ Yaught felt stuffy to us especially with young ones however 5 mins on foot from Epcot is a major draw ā€¦ Stormalong Bay is great at Yaught and Beach but not that amazing plus the pools were a lot colder than Polys ā€¦ we tested everywhere lol

1 Like

Weā€™ve stayed at both. For younger children I prefer Poly. The monorail to MK canā€™t be beat. For teenagers, I would stay at Yacht Club. We are going back in February and will be at Beach Club. YC location is perfect for teens. Ours headed to HS while we went to Epcot. It was really nice to know that everyone could walk home. We ubered to MK but took the bus back to the hotel. Uber was well worth the price and there are plenty close by. Regardless of what you decide, your family will be thrilled and it will be a magical trip!

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your input and opinions, they really helped me get some clarity on what is best for us.

Poly is out, Yacht is in!
And, I might even try to start there a day earlier.

Still thinking about the final night near MK, but weā€™ll see.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve not been to Poly, but we spent 3 nights at YC two weeks ago and I really liked the room. I thought the decor was clean and modern, there was plenty of space under the bed for suitcases, the balcony was great, and for a ā€œhotel poolā€ stormalong bay was incredible.

We didnā€™t visit HS or EP so I canā€™t comment on that, but overall I really liked it.

1 Like

I think you will love it! The boardwalk area is fun.

1 Like

Done deal:

4 nights at French Quarter
3 nights at Yacht Club

Both are surprises for the family, they think we are doing AS Sports and Pop. Canā€™t wait to surprise them, hope to keep it secret until DME bus ride.

Current problemā€¦
9 days until our trip and nothing more to plan! I donā€™t know what to do with my time.

4 Likes

I am 15 days out and this weeks obsession is the Festival of Holidays food booths and the Storytellers, and how to best fit all of the storytellers and some of the food booths into 2 days at Epcot, without backtracking around the park. Try it, it will give you hours of entertainment!

2 Likes

Great, now I have something to do.
Thanks!
I think?

1 Like

You wanted something to plan, right? :laughing:

1 Like

For your planning enjoymentā€¦

https://www.wdwmagic.com/events/holidays-around-the-world-at-epcot/news/20nov2018-photos---epcot-2018-festival-of-the-holidays-times-guide-and-guide-map.htm

1 Like

Thanks! This is really helping me obsess even more! :

1 Like