Poly Villas Deluxe Studio

Can anyone confirm if these rooms have been refurbed into Moana theme? We booked it for March but now wondering… I was thinking Tokelau and Pago Pago had these rooms and were done. But I figured a liner would know best!

Pago Pago is the only building I’ve seen confirmed to be completed. I’m not sure which building they went to next, but will get to all 3.

1 Like

We are renting points to stay there in 14 days (Split stay. 3 nights Poly/2 nights Pop).

My understanding is that there has been an ongoing refurb for “soft goods” for the DVC Deluxe Studios, but it is not including a Moana theme. The biggest change seems to be swapping out the sofa bed w/ a Murphy bed.

Standard Studios are in Pago Pago, Moorea (facing into the resort) and Tokelau. I was given the choice of “ground floor,” “Tokelau,” or “Moorea” for preferences when I was doing my online check in a few weeks ago, but it is my understanding Pago Pago is done and that they are still working on the other two buildings.

2 Likes

That’s a good distinction between Villas and the Village and I had it confused obviously. So a Deluxe Villa is really in the DVC long houses which are closer to the TTC right? And yeah, I guess none of the Villas had anything more than a refresher like paint,etc.

1 Like

I think the new DVC rooms look significantly different.

2 Likes

The DVC studios are different to the regular resort Moana rooms.

There is no Moana theming, Lilo and Stitch remain. The big change is the sofa bed is now a Murphy bed that comes down from the wall.

1 Like

Per this link only Pago Pago is open and both Tokelau and Moorea are blocked off and should be completed before the 50th.

1 Like

I kind of figured out the scoop after all of your help. I guess Villas are the newer name for DVC building so Pago Pago, Moorea and Tokelau are all in this mix. But no Moana theming although I do like the soft refurbishment look. Very nice. Deluxe studio reminds of the Riviera setup as well with the two showers. However, my little DS2 and DS6 really like Moana so we were able to snatch up a Standard Room to get the new theming. As much as I would like the extra space, I think this will be better for the fam. Thank you to everyone for all the info though!

1 Like

Glad you found something that works for you. From what I’ve read online the non villa rooms are the same size, but with only 1 bathroom they actually have more livable space which might actually work out better for you guys.

1 Like