Poly of gf

*Hi guys, we currently have 2 standard rooms booked for end of april in gf, each room has 3 adults and 2 small kids, *I can probably change to poly studio villa for just a little more, any thoughts on plusses of poly over gf, thanks

Villa at poly has kitchenette and 2 bathrooms (kind of - one toilet but two showers and vanity areas). Other than that, I think you’re good either way.

2 Likes

Oh wait - you’re going to switch from two rooms to one studio room? Nope. I would stick with the two rooms. We can fit our family of 2 adults and 2 teens in the poly studio villa but it’s not as comfortable as two rooms for the same or a little less would be.

1 Like

No silly it would still be 2 rooms

Both are great resorts. My kids like the pool at the Poly better than GF. The studios are nice (and have an extra shower and toilet as @OBNurseNH mentioned which is helpful). But the Poly studio has one real bed and a pull out bed whereas the room at GF will have two proper beds.

2 Likes

No extra toilet. Just extra shower.

1 Like

Ah. Two studios would be nice as then you have FOUR shower areas, two toilets, two kitchenettes, two real beds, two pull out beds, and two child-sized Murphy beds.

1 Like

Oh, that’s right–extra shower and sink. I thought that was weird.

Are you talking about a cash Poly studio or renting points?

I have considered on a few occasions staying at the GF over the Poly, but I just can’t get over how long it could take to get to and from EP from there, where we tend to spend a good deal of time. Considering we tend to take breaks and hop a lot, I like the convenience of the Poly. The DVC buildings at the Poly are literally over the hedge from the TTC. That’s been the deciding factor for me.

But I agree with @dreamer and @OBNurseNH that I might take the 2 beds at GF over the studio layout at Poly considering the number of people you have in each room.

eta: btw, I had this exact dilemma a few months ago when booking for the same time (mid-late April). Currently have 2 Poly DVC studios reserved despite the marginally more expensive rate, but we have 2 adults/2 kids in one and 2 adults in the other… We plan to spend most of our time at MK (for the kids) and EP (for Flower & Garden Festival).

1 Like