POLL: Will you watch the new Mulan on Disney+ (released 9/4)?

wait, deeply confused. I have Disney+ already. I don’t get to watch it tomorrow?

Tomorrow you can watch it for $29.99

At Christmas you can watch it for free.

2 Likes

Thanks. OK, I’m now deeply furious.

None of the above. I might watch it when it’s free on Disney+, but then again I might not. It’s kind of meh to me.

1 Like

2 Likes

Maybe

We probably won’t watch it this weekend, but we won’t wait until December.

We’re buying it tomorrow and will watch it tomorrow night! I love Mulan, and I appreciate that they didn’t just make a cookie cutter remake (cough cough, Lion King, cough cough). I want to support everything about this film, especially during the pandemic when films are struggling.

Based on the intersection of my family’s budget, interests, and priorities, $29.99 is a small price to pay.

8 Likes

I agree with all your points. And you’ve influenced me to buy to watch it early. Thanks. :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I’ve been trying so hard to watch the Mandalorian, but there’s no way to even buy it. I don’t have Disney+ and probably never will.

But oh well, I’m like Yoda. When a certain age you become, an obstacle waiting is not.

2 Likes

Luckily this is no problem here either as our internet speed would usually have to go faster to get to dial up.

My sister lives in a city so she can use Disney+, she likes live action remakes, and we’re all huge martial arts fans (big surprise).

She’ll probably save her money and wait till December.

1 Like

Results are pretty much what I expected thus far. I thought it would make for an interesting discussion. We are probably going to wait until it’s a regular included option but if reviews are amazing, along with some great points @Jeff_AZ made, we could definitely be swayed to order soon instead.

3 Likes

I agree with this. Seeing a movie in a theater is a completely different experience and they provide a lot more than the movie itself. They have those comfy seats, giant screens, amazing sound and employees who take care of things. So, I’m not willing to pay the same money to watch the movie at home. Same logic on why I spend less on food I cook at home than restaurants.

I am also a bit ticked at Disney+ because they don’t allow annual pay customers to add Hulu. They weren’t clear on this, so I lost out on a reasonably priced sale for Hulu.

1 Like

We are going to buy it/pay the $29.99.

We are ordering Chinese and making something special out of it.

Been planning on this since I heard they were releasing it.

4 Likes

Sounds like a fun evening! I could go for some Chinese food about now.

1 Like

There is no option in the Poll for…wait for it to come out on Blu-Ray and buy (and watch) it then.

2 Likes

I just needed something to look forward to that I could count on, you know?

2 Likes

Good point. Blu-ray/DVD should be considered equivalent to the “wait a few months” option, but I could have been more specific. We’ve been streaming so much more since covid that I almost forgot about Blu-rays.

3 Likes

There is also the option of checking out the DVD from the library, for those that don’t have Disney+

Just watched it. Want to watch it again. I also want to go back and watch the toon version just cuz I missed eddy murphy.

This felt much more developed. Some of the cgi was choppy and disappointing. Thanks @Jeff_AZ for your influence

3 Likes