[Poll] Which free gift would you rather have when booking a WDW trip with TouringPlans?

Which free gift would you rather have when booking a WDW trip with TouringPlans?

• $50 gift card + 6 small bags of chips and cookies
  • $80 gift card

0 voters

Thank you!

1 Like

Is this a trick question?

10 Likes

You’d be surprised.

6 Likes

Possibly a box of specialty chocolates…but run of the mill snacks :confused:

1 Like

People can be picky about their snacks. Chips are pointless to me. Cookies less so, depending on the kind and if we have to worry about allergens for the kids, etc. (Not tree nuts or peanuts! And no raisins because I can’t stand raisins in cookies. And…we’re gonna need some milk to go with them…you know…if you give a mouse a cookie and all.)

1 Like

I need an option where I can refer someone to you all but they are not given a free subscription to touring plans. My sister needs a travel agent but I don’t want her to know just how deep I am in :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

I would take a $50 gift card and some Mickey rice krispie treats from the parks…

I received yesterday a lovely gift from my travel agent here, a messenger bag which my husband instantly grabbed, a charge bank ,or is it called a bank charger?.? For charging our phones in the park. Maps of the parks and a wonderful thank you card … so unexpected…

5 Likes

Wait a minute, are the cookies Gideons?

9 Likes

Important detail!

1 Like

Can those cookies and chips even be shipped to Canada?

2 Likes

I love “free” gifts and getting something ahead of our trip or at our hotel would be exciting, but the description “6 small bags of chips and cookies” leaves me underwhelmed - it’s doesn’t feel equal to saving $30 I would spend on my vacation.

I rather have reusable touring gear handy for WDW/UO like decent rain ponchos/travel umbrella, lightweight packable backpack, collapsible water bottle or a cell phone/card lanyard/waterproof pouch. (Things on my Amazon trip list.)

If it’s not something that feels thoughtful and useful, than I’d rather have more gift cards to spend on our trip. As the family accountant, more $ for the trip budget is a double gift :joy:.

3 Likes

No. Obvi. Duh. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

See this is why I asked if it’s a trick question.

I feel like it’s a fake question he is using g to demonstrate a point, which will be later revealed.

2 Likes

Oh man, now I’m anticipating a big reveal - I hope you’re setting me up for disappointment :joy:.

TBH, even if the poll is just a hook into explaining a a bigger point like perceived value vs actual value (marketing 101) - it still feels like a valid question and a good one to ask especially since IMHO public perception of gift card vs personalized stuff is shifting.

1 Like

My (admittedly NOT TP) TA does give me a small Disney or Starbucks gift card (depending on the trip), but I do not use her for those things. I use my TA because she gives me awesome service no matter how many times I make changes. I don’t have to be bribed with trinkets to use her.

3 Likes

They are not. Think gas station bags of chips and cookies.

2 Likes

As my grandfather once said, “You’ll be surprised what you can do with a roll of $20’s and a case of whiskey.”

10 Likes

Presumably delivered all pretty-like to one’s hotel room on arrival (ie gift bag/basket/box)???

2 Likes

@len, is this an argument you are trying to settle? I have worked with the fabulous Michelle McKnight for years. Yes, for cruises she has always provided onboard credit. Although I appreciate the credit- it has been the luggage tags, door magnets, pens, charging blocks, that have made me cry over the years. All things that have made my travel/trip a little easier, a little more joyful.

These are not cookies and chips- but might cost about the same?

2 Likes