I have no trips planned, but I’ve been daydreaming about going on a third trip with my DS8, daredevil DD6, DH and MIL. In these daydreams I find myself thinking about staying off property and doing both WDW and Universal. We’ve always stayed in the bubble so I’m really not familiar with the food quality and options outside of WDW.
MIL is a bit of a foodie so I try to cater to her tastes (as long as the place is kid friendly) - she likes both hole in the wall places and high end places as long as the food is good, but if the restaurant is expensive then she expects the service/atmosphere to be quite good as well. She was unimpressed by most places we went on our first trip (Raglan Road, Tangarine Cafe, Flame Tree BBQ, Sunshine Seasons, Be Our Guest, POR restaurant) and much happier on our second trip (Trattoria al Forno, Garden Grill, Teppan Edo, Boma, Sanaa, Ohana).
Where are the restaurants with the best food in the WDW area?
- Walt Disney World, even if Disney Springs is not included
- Walt Disney World, but only if Disney Springs is included
- Universal Orlando Resort, even if CityWalk isn’t included
- Universal Orlando Resort, but only if CityWalk is included
- Restaurants in Orlando that are not on theme park property
- Good restaurants are pretty evenly spread throughout the area. No one park (or non-park area) has significantly more good restaurants than any other.