Poll: What "color" do you assign each park?

So, while updating my spreadsheet for our December trip, I decided to assign colors to each park, and then highlight the times we’d be in each park. I know others do similar things, so it got me to wondering…what colors do you assign to which parks? You can explain why in the comments below. But I thought I’d do this Poll-style:

Color for MK:

• Red
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Gray
  • Black
  • White
  • Other (explain below)
  • N/A

0 voters

Color for HS:

• Red
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Gray
  • Black
  • White
  • Other (explain below)
  • N/A

0 voters

Color for EP:

• Red
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Gray
  • Black
  • White
  • Other (explain below)
  • N/A

0 voters

Color for AK:

• Red
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Gray
  • Black
  • White
  • Other (explain below)
  • N/A

0 voters

Color for DS:

• Red
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Gray
  • Black
  • White
  • Other (explain below)
  • N/A

0 voters

Color for TL:

• Red
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Gray
  • Black
  • White
  • Other (explain below)
  • N/A

0 voters

Color for BB:

• Red
  • Orange
  • Yellow
  • Green
  • Blue
  • Purple
  • Pink
  • Gray
  • Black
  • White
  • Other (explain below)
  • N/A

0 voters

Here’s my thinking:

MK is red, because red makes me think of Mickey mouse
HS is blue because…well…it was the last one I assigned a color, and it just felt right
AK is green because of the lushness of nature
EP is gray because of Spaceship Earth
DS is yellow because yellow feels like a spring color, and then is a play on words.

BTW, I should mention this poll is probably one of the most important polls ever created on these forums. :wink:

6 Likes

Definitely. Very important poll. :wink:

Years ago there were official colors. I’m not recalling much them now but it seems MK was a lavender and that’s the way I’ve always thought about MK.

Epcot is pink - almost salmon - because of the sidewalks.

AK is green. Duh

HS is teal turquoise blue/green. Maybe it’s the Hollywood retro thing. Idk.

Disney Springs is blue - water.

Typhoon Lagoon is another blue color. Cuz water. I’m not recalling what the actual names are on my word processing program: cyan and blue. Or cyan and sky blue.

We’re too out of shape for Blizzard Beach. :crazy_face:

My current spreadsheet for my September trip is the first one that I’ve used a lot of color on or different colors per park.
HS is blue because I still connect it with the MGM Fantasia hat landmark
AK is green because of course it is
MK is pink/red because it needs a primary color and yellow is not right for MK. Maybe the Mickey thing is part of it because I cant really explain why I use it
EP is yellow because its the other primary color with enough distinction from the other things on my spreadsheet
I use an aqua for pool time, so I would imagine I would do the same for BB or TL
I use gray for transportation

Hmm…I wonder if that’s it in my subconscious. I just felt HS was blue, but didn’t have a logical reason…but the Sorcerer’s hat totally makes sense.

1 Like

I was the same with HS, but red. It had to be red. No idea why. AK had to be green for the nature. MK purple or pink because of all the princesses. EP blue. Not sure why, but it just seemed right and it was the last one so red, green and purple were already gone.

I used colors as per official Disney graphics:

ETA: These are probably old color schemes, but I like them. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

One of my fav logo graphics. Always liked the water tower.

There is an older set of logos that I don’t have on my phone anymore that didn’t have primary colors.

I don’t mind upgrades - it’s the swiss cheese memory that rankles occasionally.

Esp when the memory hovers just out of consciousness . . .

This set?

AK = brown, because reasons…

1 Like

No. Completely different graphics. And colors.

Wonder if I can find it. (Still trying to picture it)

And better question - for out how to post it here.

I use light colors for spreadsheets so text on the colored background shows up better.
MK blue for the castle.
EP pink because it’s light red (trying to stick with primaries)
HS yellow or gold for Hollywood gold/glamour.
AK green for all the vegetation, including Tree of Life

Yes. I use the lightest shades of the primary colors as well. But I felt the poll would become too cluttered to have “Dark Blue” and “Light Blue” options, etc.

MK- Cinderella blue
AK- lion king orange
HS- red not sure why
Epcot- spaceship earth grey

1 Like

MK - Blue - The color of the castle towers
DHS - Red - Rebel Alliance red, also the color of thrills
EP - Purple - Color of Figment, also royalty
AK - Green - Color of Life
DS - Yellow - Color of Money/Gold, the only reason to go to this place
TL - Orange - The color of the fake rocks in the pool
BB - White - Color of Snow

I use all pastels, so I can still read the text against the background of spreadsheet cells.

MK - Lavender. I don’t know why; maybe some map over the past (almost) 50 years had a lot of lavender in it and it stuck in my subconscious.

EP - Blue. Again, I couldn’t really say why; maybe the same as MK.

DS - Yellow. This reminds me of the unrelenting sun baking down on concrete canyons with no tree in sight.

AK - Green, because of course.

Resort time - Orange. Why? Because I needed a color I hadn’t used yet. This includes any activity at any resort (e.g. pool, relaxing, going to a resort for a meal, etc.)

I build my spreadsheet on a 24 hour clock, so I also use black to block out “sleep” hours. I rarely “plan” DSA time; it’s just something I might do on a non-park day (which typically are “unplanned” except for any ADRs that I might have).

Transportation - Grey, because there’s little color to riding in a bus or driving a car.

I totally feel like I fit it now. I had colors picked out for my spreadsheet on our last trip.

MK = red for Mickey Mouse
EP = yellow, I forget the reasoning
AK = orange for Lion King and complements green camo for a safari. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
HS = royal blue for Sorcerer Mickey, RIP sorcerer hat.

Since I prefer working on paper at least to start, I used some garage sale colored labels. That limited my color choices. I went with:
MK pink for princesses
AK green of course
Epcot and HS got what I had enough labels left to use. Trying to use what I have since in moving I realized just how much stuff I have.

Not as easy to put on a t-shirt but aesthetically pleasing.

I find it interesting. Only Animal Kingdom shows a clear majority with Green.

The only other where a majority of those who picked something (other than N/A) is for Blizzard Beach (white). For all the others, the mix is fairly widespread. Blue ALMOST takes the majority for MK.

I knew there would be differences…but I thought there would be more decisive winners, a la AK…but apparently we are a diverse bunch! :slight_smile:

Happy Disneying!