Poll Time! Mickey Bar or Mickey Sandwich?

Definitely prefer the Mickey Sandwiches to the bars…however, in many ways, I think the bar is superior. I like the chocolate on the bar over the sandwich, for example. (I don’t care about the ice cream in either case…it is vanilla, so I just eat it for the refreshingness of it. Without the chocolate part, the ice cream is otherwise pointless!) Having said that, I find eating the Mickey bar (similar to a Dove bar or a Klondike bar) annoying because the chocolate cracks, and then the ice cream seems to start melting quickly, and it becomes more a race to eat it rather than something I can enjoy. As a result, it is messier to eat.

With the sandwich, I can take more time with it, and holding it in the wrapper prevents any messiness to occur. I find myself enjoying the PROCESS of eating the sandwich more, even if I don’t necessarily prefer the taste. (I like the taste in both…just mean, the bar’s taste is better, but sandwich is a better “experience!”)

3 Likes

Overthinking it much?!

7 Likes

Who? Me? Overthink things?

Never. And let me tell you why…

:wink:

6 Likes

I looked up an old DFB article comparing the grocery store vs. park versions (although they weren’t able to taste test at the same time, it was based on memory). In any case, it appears that the Bars use “light” ice cream in the grocery store version vs. full fat in the parks, and are 3 oz vs. 4oz, but they thought they tasted similar. They said the Sandwiches were the same size and had no noticeable difference.

3 Likes

Wow, what a thorough answer. Thanks!

1 Like

No contest, Sandwiches!

3 Likes

nobody can work a poll like @Jeff_AZ

6 Likes

If Laurel was still doing tag lines, maybe I would get “Work that poll” or something.

5 Likes

I know. I hope we can still be friends. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Twss

3 Likes

I’ve been doing some thinking.

I think we could be friends.

You will have to order chocolate things (in all its forms, except white chocolate which is an abomination). Then you will have to feign fullness/illness/diabetes at which time I will have to consume all of them so they don’t go to waste.

If you never speak of this aversion again, I think we can move past it.

It’s the only way.

9 Likes

Deal! :handshake:

5 Likes

You are my people!

4 Likes

After serious discussion amongst the several generations in our family regarding the messiness factor inherent in eating Mickey bars, we have come to the nearly unanimous conclusion that eating Mickey bars is not inherently messy. To be sure, one family member does not really comprehend the concept of messy. Judicious practice over several trips may color our perceptions. :yum:

ymmv

7 Likes

I really wish they made a dairy free Mickey bar

2 Likes

How can one even get beyond the nostalgia factor of the Mickey Bar? It’s so ingrained in my childhood Disney memories that I can’t even pick something else.

Tho I’m pretty sure next time I’m at Disney I’ll just have to try one of each :yum:

3 Likes

Change my vote to mickey sandwich.
AT THE PARK I prefer those, they are tasty and aren’t as messy.
The store bought ones aren’t as good, so I prefer the BAR at home.

3 Likes

AGREE!
Whoever invented white chocolate deserves a special spot in hell.

3 Likes

8th Circle: liars and false prophets

3 Likes

6 Likes