Poll Time ... Have you had COVID?

yes, before all C-19 was all the rage in the news I had a fever and slept for three days. Could NOT get myself to stay awake or wake up. DH/S kept trying to wake me and check on me and were worried. I remember thinking, at the time, how odd it was… but I’ll never know.

3 Likes

I am so sorry for your loss

1 Like

Thank you. I live in Arizona and it is so real here. Just found out our cleaning lady’s parents both got it and then she tested positive too. Her father just died on Sunday. (She has not been to our house for a couple of months.) My friends who are a couple both got it from her daughter. The guy, who is in his 50’s and went through a bout of cancer last year, had fairly mild symptoms. The gal, in her 30’s and a long distance bike rider, super fit, had to go to the ER and was hospitalized, although she never had to go on the ventilator. On a happier note, I am hoping to go to Disneyland in November. I dream of it every single day. We will see. Fingers crossed.

10 Likes

wow, that is a lot of people in your ‘circle’. So sad, I hope you stay well and get your dream trip to DL

2 Likes

Ok this is kind of a morbid thought, but I’m going to be honest. I sometimes wonder what would happen if I passed away (whether from COVID or something else) and no one ever thought to notify this forum, would anyone ever find out? What other Liners just quietly fade away and we never know what became of them? People come and go for various reasons. I value the community and hope everyone is healthy, both physically and mentally.

19 Likes

I, for one, would miss you.

10 Likes

Thanks! That means a lot since this forum would not be the same without you (and to be clear, I mean it would be horrible :joy:).

6 Likes

This happens. On some forums I’ve been on, a closer friend will notify the forum. Like someone that you’ve corresponded with and visited off forum.

Other times someone will announce I’m back.

And I’m thinking - oof . . .

3 Likes

I would cuz, graphs

6 Likes

DH is an internist, and although they have special care sites for people who may have COVID, as you know many times people just don’t think that’s what they have, or ignore symptoms, etc. He’s just over 60 but in great shape, and very much the kind who signed up to be a doctor no matter what.

@ISUamanda I’m so sorry to hear about your brother, and will keep him in my prayers.

@MarshaVallee I’m sad you lost a friend and so many others you know are gravely ill or have passed away. Half the deaths in our biggest town can be traced to a memory care facility, too. It’s so tragic no matter where or who it happens to.

Some of you may know I lost a friend to medical neglect during the initial phase when the hospitals were closed to everyone but COVID patients and emergencies. I suspect there are many people out there that COVID has affected directly or indirectly, what we hear about might only be the tip of the iceberg.

7 Likes

I’ve had it, my boyfriend had it, one of my best friends and her boyfriend had it, another friend I was out with when we most likely contracted it had it… and a fellow alumna from my alma mater died from it at age 30. I’m in NYC so it’s been a while since I’ve recovered, but it really sucked for a while there.

8 Likes

My sister-in-law (brothers wife) is now also in the hospital. Her blood oxygen was down to 77.

And my husband’s sister now has symptoms and is waiting for test results. My youngest son played briefly (outdoors) with her daughter last weekend…

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing yesterday.

2 Likes

This is the sort of random thought I often have but as I’m FB friends with some liners I think the forum would find out. An awesome chat liner died a few years ago. She had kept in touch now and again throughout her treatment and let us know how she was doing so we knew she didn’t have long to live and liners she had become friends with IRL let us know she had died.

4 Likes

I believe her son also posted on chat. I asked my son to post when I die for closure. Of course, this is my son that still loses his shoes, so who knows?

12 Likes

He might have done, I can’t remember now. You are obviously as morbid as me and @Jeff_AZ though I haven’t gone as far as to make arrangements.

3 Likes

My kids would share on IG on my account and my liner friends would share here.
I thought of this in March.

4 Likes

He is one of those liners I don’t understand. Touring plans subscription but only a handful of posts! Although he does have wait times.

2 Likes

I think a huge number of users only use the touring plans.

3 Likes

My 21 year old daughter had Covid. In my country, patients who are mildly or moderately sick with it can apply to go to a Corona hotel so as not to infect family members they live with. She had a friend there - probably the person who infected her. The Corona hotels don’t provide cleaning service, pool, sauna, spa or in-house entertainment - only meals. My daughter more or less enjoyed her government-sponsored vacation. :slight_smile:

6 Likes