Poll Time! Have you had Covid? January 2022 Edition

Given that Omicron is sweeping through the nation, I figured it’s a good time to update the Covid poll.

Here is a link to the previous polls back in September 2021 and December 2020.

Poll results below are PRIVATE - no one can see who voted, including me. The polls will be open for about one month.

Have you had COVID at any time since the pandemic began? (Select the one option that describes the closest relation to you that has gotten COVID.)

• Yes, I have tested positive (or presumed positive) for COVID
  • No, but someone in my household has
  • No one in my household has, but an extended family member has
  • None of my extended family has, but a friend has
  • No one I am close to has tested positive

0 voters

A couple of extra polls this time:

Which option best describes your vaccination status? (again, results are private)

• Fully vaccinated plus booster
  • Fully vaccinated, no booster
  • Partially vaccinated
  • Not vaccinated but have been infected
  • Not vaccinated and never infected

0 voters

If someone close to you (interpret as you will) has died from Covid, what age were they? (Select ALL that apply.) Also select whether one, multiple, no one close to you has died of Covid. (Covid and its effects being primary cause of death.) Lastly, select whether someone close to you has been hospitalized / ventilated.

• Someone over 80
  • Someone between 65-79
  • Someone between 50-65
  • Someone between 40-49
  • Someone between 30-39
  • Someone between 20-29
  • Someone under 20
  • Multiple people close to me have died
  • One person close to me has died
  • No one close to me has died
  • Someone close to me has been on a ventilator
  • Someone close to me has been hospitalized
  • No one close to me has been hospitalized

0 voters

Here are the results of the poll from September 2021 for reference:

And here are the results from December 2020:

And here are the results from July 2020:

Someone help me with the first question. How do I categorize my adult son and his partner (don’t live with me)? They don’t really live in my household but are not “extended” family?

1 Like

I would consider anyone not in your house “extended”.

3 Likes

I would call them extended for this purpose.

2 Likes

Silly I know, but then I will skip it, I cannot ever bring myself to call my son my extended family. I have a very small family- thanks for your help.

3 Likes

I said a household member has been positive but by that I mean my sister since for a few days she she tested positive we "lived"together at Disney. My employer considered her a household context for purposes of guiding the testing protocol. But none of my household family members have tested positive.

1 Like

We would consider them that for testing protocols too

2 Likes

You can consider him part of your household if you prefer. It’s more important to me to have more participation than to be strict about definitions.

FWIW I consider “extended” family to include my “close family” as well. It’s more inclusive term that doesn’t exclude anyone. So if I went to a family reunion with my extended family, I would expect my children and siblings to be there as much as I’d expect my cousins to be there.

3 Likes

In my family, maybe just my upbringing: we have immediate and extended family. My son is my immediate family.

I honestly don’t know why this got to me, it just did. I will just bow out.

1 Like

I hesitated a little too as the only person in our family who had been positive is our son who was in college and caught it there. But I just called him household anyway.

1 Like

I agree if you’re talking about a distinction between immediate family and extended family, your son is your immediate family.

We just returned from WDW last Saturday and my son tested positive for COVID on Wednesday and my daughter plus husband tested positive yesterday. :frowning: Fully vaccinated and we wore masks even outdoors except when eating.

1 Like

Hope everyone is doing ok.

2 Likes

I’m currently quarantining in the basement as wife and both kids are positive. Waiting my turn, and diving into the WDW planning with my newfound free time. Will be posting my November itinerary soon, searching for wisdom from you guys :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I can’t answer just yet. I am fully vaxxed including booster, have never tested positive and neither has anyone I’m my household. BUT, I am quarantined here at home. I was out of state the last few days, staying with my sister as we worked on funeral plans for our brother and she started feeling sick and tested positive yesterday. I checked into a hotel then headed home today. Really sucks. I will be so upset if neither of us can attend the funeral next Friday. I may see if it’s possible to push out a couple more days.

5 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss. All the more terrible if this stupid virus prevents you from celebrating his life and having some closure through tradition and ceremony.

Be well.

4 Likes

I just finished my 10 days of COVID…It sucked, but I’ve had all 3 shots so it was a very unpleasant head/chest cold and not fatal or any need for urgent care

Kinda glad I got it out of the way for my Universal trip in 2 weeks!

3 Likes

My DD24 is on day seven since first symptoms. Day six since positive rapid test. She doesn’t live with us except some holiday breaks, so we have not been exposed. She is fully vaccinated including booster. Had a slight cough and some head congestion plus runny nose. As of yesterday, she was feeling back to normal with no symptoms.

DH’s cousin died of Covid in December 2020. He was in his 70s. A 63 yr old guy in our community (a casual acquaintance of DH) passed away this week. He was not vaccinated.

2 Likes

None of the boosted people in my house have been diagnosed or felt sick enough to be tested ever. DD14 is only double vaxxed and got it from a friend who had a “cold”. She said three overall days of feeling bad and one day of feeling like she was gonna die. No fever or any serious symptoms, just really tired with a headache and sore throat and nauseous from the congestion. I visited her in quarantine with my KN95 on each time to check on her and bring her meds and food. And I guess she’s boosted now. I don’t know how none of the rest of us got it from her. Just that booster I guess and maybe that mask for me since I was taking care of her. I don’t know how people can not take care of their kids, teens or not when they’re sick. I wouldn’t be like Beauty in the BatB show! Or that mom who put her kid in the trunk holy cow! Also, she has her own bathroom in her room so that might have saved my son.

3 Likes

Started feeling congested last night, tested positive today. Hopefully I get over this quickly and doesn’t spread to my family in my house. I have isolated myself in the bedroom since walking in the door yesterday. Stupid Covid!

7 Likes