Poll Time - Have you had COVID? December Edition

For anyone interested.
Five months later.
(20 weeks)

11 Likes

So we moved to SC. While the Amercian Red Cross stopped testing for antibodies late summer, The Blood Connection here in SC continues to seek out convalescent plasma and therefore tests donations.

At the 9+ month mark now.

10 Likes

That’s awesome!

3 Likes

@Jeff_AZ, it would be interesting to see where things stand now, if you’re up for it.

2 Likes

Great to know, thanks! So it’s just negative or positive, no range like moderate I guess?

1 Like

Wish granted! Here is the updated poll:

4 Likes

Neither ARC, nor TBC offer a range. But as they use it for convalescent plasma, I’m guessing they think it’s adequate? While I have no idea if I’ve been exposed or not, I am very happy to see they are still present.

3 Likes

Heh - I did just find out that I “earned” 800 points for their online store and got to buy $20 worth of Dunkin’ cards! (I’m addicted to Dunkaccinos.)

5 Likes

How did I not know this about you?! They are my favorite too! Unfortunately there are not many DDs down here :cry:

3 Likes

I knew I loved you. :wink:

There aren’t very many here, either, which makes running errands miserable.
That said, the only one in our zip code is very close.

Do you ever add shots of blueberry, raspberry or coconut?
Now I want one.
I try to limit myself to just Monday and Friday.
But now I have $20 to spend! LOL

3 Likes

The closest one to me is 30 minutes away, so it has been a rare treat for the last decade. To make matters worse, their machine broke down a few months ago and they aren’t bothering to fix it. :roll_eyes:

So instead I’ve decided to open my own coffee shop and I’ve just signed on as a franchisee with Scooter’s Coffee. :laughing:

3 Likes

Stop! What?! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:GoOd GriEf :astonished:. Business owning homeschool mom!!!

1 Like

Well, my husband has been in and out of a wheelchair for the past year (bulged disc), and as a contractor, that hasn’t worked well for us. So something had to change. Enter Scooter’s Coffee!

5 Likes

Do you sleep??? Rhetorical question … not looking for an answer :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good question.
And I think she already supplied the secret behind her success

3 Likes

Actually, as I have been pregnant and/or nursing for the last decade, I only drink decaf!

Jesus and wine (1 glass every few days) get me through my days :laughing:

4 Likes

Couldn’t donate in November bc my HGB was too low.

Still have antibodies. :smiley::smiley::smiley:
Had Covid a year ago last week.

9 Likes

That’s around 12 months since infection, correct?

Score for natural immunity :+1:

2 Likes

Yes. Just added that detail.

I know many question if it would be enough to avoid infection, but the vaccine doesn’t eliminate infection either ….

I’ve been around a lot of people who have had it…. It’s definitely in my new social circle.

3 Likes

Being infected with COVID has a 100% infection rate. Vaccines provide ~40% infection rate (numbers differ depending on which vaccine and variant).

So far, they are seeing a rather large re-infection rate with Omicron, as well as a increased infection rate among those vaccinated with Omicron versus previous versions, so that may create a new wrench in the statistics either way!

Our local hospitals are seeing something like 90% of COVID cases coming from those unvaccinated, and have recently been sending out emails letting people know that they have had to reduce services. No guarantee you will be seen in the ER nor any guarantee an ambulance will be able to come in a timely manner. Our systems are OVERWHELMED/at capacity. They are cancelling elective surgeries, and are delaying/cancelling “medically necessary” surgeries.

1 Like