Poll Time! Favorite Travel Party?

Fair point! I guess we’ll have to go with “Other” for that one since I can’t edit a poll once it’s launched. :wink:

2 Likes

I love my immediate family, and i do enjoy going with them. But the solo trip is the only time i get to do what i want to do without compromising with 2-4 other people. That is amazing in and of itself.

One thing i will say though is that while i am heavily introverted and need recharge time, one of the best things about my solo trip was getting to interact with others in a way that just isn’t possible when I’m with my family. Being solo often means you get put into other groups on rides to fill space. Some of the best experiences i had that trip were watching people on their first trips experiencing WDW with the joy and wonder that only happens the first time. It was MAGIC.
There was also the time I waited for the opening of Space220 with a group of mostly solo travelers and we ended up making a little family of sorts. We watched each others spot in line so they could use the bathroom, we chatted, we booed Chapek together (Really lol!) I even ended up eating lunch with a wonderful gentleman who was visiting for the first time since his wife passed.

I really enjoyed it and i kinda can’t wait until i can do it again!

9 Likes

I remember this!

Thank you for sharing a different perspective on that trip report. It gave me hope. Tho I’m unsure if I’d act on it. :unamused:

5 Likes

I love touring with my family but I think a solo trip where you meet up with friends for dinner/evenings would be great. You could do things all day at your own pace, no need to compromise on activities or moving speed, and then you get to have company for a few hours in the evenings. Best of both worlds.
I’ve only done 2 solo 1/2 days while at a conference.

5 Likes

Sounds like a Liner Meet! :wink:

6 Likes

and then pretty soon you’re hanging out all day and making plans for future trips where you share hotel rooms and then it’s not a solo trip any more! That’s exactly what happened to me!
@Dreamer @JustKeepSmiling @Wahoohokie

12 Likes

And thank goodness for that!!

8 Likes

One of the best things to ever happen!

7 Likes

Me too, but if we’re paying I’m sure they will come!

I’m not a fan of solo. The biggest reasons I see most cite for loving going solo are; ride/eat whatever whenever I want doesn’t work for me because my DH and DD will do that when they are with me :grin:

5 Likes

It’s the same with my nieces… the older one (15 now) and my sister are so used to trips where I just make the plan and say “okay, this is what we do next” that they have trouble in troops without me. I get calls and texts anytime they go anywhere, asking what they should do, and what’s a good time to do things.

3 Likes

I also do solo travel in general because if I wait around for friends to decide they want to do something, I will never go anywhere! They are more indecisive about travel than I am!

5 Likes

For the me the solo touring is more than just doing what I want. It’s also an opportunity to have time by myself and rediscover who I am and what I like. I’m not trying to please anyone else or cater to their needs. It’s a great way to recharge.

It also allows me to be extroverted, as @ninjasherrie implied. There are chances to interact with new people and others you might run into. It feeds both sides of my personality.

11 Likes

Jeffrey you are a deep dude.

I like it.

Solo time is exactly this for me. Introspection, reflection, and self-discovery

8 Likes

I guess I’ve already found myself because I much prefer traveling with someone :grin:

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

This is especially huge when you still have littles, like both you and I do. You lose yourself to a degree, trying to be a father to little ones and juggle also being a spouse, working, possibly add aging parents to that mix, it’s a LOT.

6 Likes

Question - does immediate family have to include parents? Or could it be just sis and bro(in law)? Cause I can’t say I would ever want to do Disney with my mom. Well, the original anyway. Disney with adopted mom is awesome!

9 Likes

I considered it to be my sister and her kids, because my mom isn’t a fun person to travel with

4 Likes

Yes!! The perfect solution!

2 Likes

In a place teeming with make believe.
:laughing:

I mean - who doesn’t like talking chipmunks and tea pots?

I’m just kidding you know.

4 Likes