Poll Time! Favorite Travel Party?

I also met my husband sitting next to each other on a 3 hour flight! I am apparently fairly trusting, until I have a reason not to trust. Trusting him turned out to be a great decision for me (17 night trip to Florida :rofl::rofl::rofl:)

12 Likes

Yeah.
I’ve spent the last several hours imagining of someone gave me $XXXX and told me to take a solo trip where I would go or what I would do. I really couldn’t come up with anything. I’d probably decide to go out to dinner with DH and then do some level of home improvement.

But if someone said here’s 2 • ($XXXX) or 8 • ($XXXX) I’d be all over planing a trip. I just don’t think I’d enjoy myself.

3 Likes

I had a wonderful time on each of my short cruises with a good friend. DH was home with the kids enjoying his staycation, the kids enjoyed no school, and I enjoyed the pampering and time with a friend. *At that time DH was traveling a lot for work.
My trips were 3+ years apart.

4 Likes

I forgot I once went for a convention. I worked the convention during the day and went to the parks in the evenings. I had a friend who had a silver pass back then… that was fun, but it’s funner with close friends/family.

5 Likes

Have never travelled for pleasure solo. But I feel in sync with @Jeff_AZ on balancing absolutely loving family time and sharing memories with them but also not losing yourself and finding connections to experiences all on your own. I’ve done so little just for myself at this point.

My DW is more clingy and social than I am and probably wouldn’t want to go somewhere alone too often, but I totally could relish it, use it as a mental health recharge, and wouldn’t spend much thought missing people for the duration of a trip. We’re all wired a bit differently, and that’s a good thing.

5 Likes

Should I start a new thread in case others would like to Meet Up? I did launch a discussion back in May specifically about the Disney Dish events happening in December that week, but this wouldn’t necessarily be tied to that.

4 Likes

Indeed!

This conversation has been fascinating. I had no idea when I chose this topic for the poll that it would generate so much philosophizing! It’s interesting how differently each person approaches the concepts of friendship, family, community, society, and self, and how each of us is able to find fulfillment and joy (or not) in each of those spheres.

8 Likes

Yeah it couldn’t hurt. I am unsure what they are actually doing those days and I still don’t have my plans confirmed either to be able to commit to anything. Do you know any details?

3 Likes

I know you subsequently found the details I posted, but for the benefit of others they are here.

2 Likes

I am not a solo traveler either, I think WDW would be lonely without others to share it with. But I am 100% a leave my family at home and come with the Fab 4+ anytime traveler!

12 Likes

Exactly!

I can’t be having anxious, frustrated, irritated thoughts. I have to focus on positive ways to view current circumstances.

Something I’m getting lots of practice at. Eventually I figure I’ll be really really super good.

:blush:

5 Likes

I aim to be a (+) someday on one of your trips.

9 Likes

We would love that!

7 Likes

I, by contrast, aim to REPLACE one of the Fab 4. Which one will it be?

8 Likes

You have to be willing to buy Genie Plus and ILLs to be a Fab 4! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

11 Likes

9 Likes

That’s funny

6 Likes

My uncle - apparently on the road to confirmed bachelor - met the :heart: of his life (for over 50 years) while in line at the Space Needle. She was visiting from Indiana.

They lived all those years in Kennewick WA. Practically neighbors of yours

8 Likes

Sorry…but when you’re constantly the one doing all the work, it gets old. Especially when they are “not feeling like doing anything with anyone” when you suggest something but then a mutual friend posts pictures showing them hanging out together at the same time.

I’ll do the work for a while, but it has to be a 2-way street.

4 Likes

It also points out that you are severely lacking in the daddy/offspring trips.

But then, yours are somewhat on the young side yet.

2 Likes