Poll Time! Favorite Park at WDW?

Maybe a better question is, if you could only visit 1 park, what would it be? Hmmmm
Edit: we know @OBNurseNH, if you ever make it to New Orleans, visit our zoo and aquarium. They are some of the BEST!

2 Likes

I will be far to busy eating and drinking around the city and taking haunted cemetery tours to visit zoos and aquariums.

4 Likes

Me too. Again, it comes back to Disneyland being a better version of MK. The other 3 parks are relatively unique. Even HS, which has clones of a bunch of stuff at DLR, has the OG ToT. The only thing at MK that I wish they still had at DL is People Mover.

1 Like

There is eating and drinking IN the aquarium and zoo!

1 Like

These are actually a joke. Donā€™t do. Its theatrical at best and these tours have been know to damage out cemeteries. They really are tourist trap type events. Also the city ghost tours :unamused: they NEVER take u to the good places.
Edit: someone in a tour group actually damaged one of my ancestors graves by standing on it for a picture. Its hundreds of years old. Not saying u would but people be crazy :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I donā€™t blame you for being confused, I totally miss read and miss understood the DBF question. But I am still surprised at the answer that makes no sense to me at all

1 Like

you-are-bad-and-you-should-feel-bad-diylol-com-37687502

How dare you make me choose!

I chose MK because my kids are still little and I like taking them on all the rides. Plus it has objectively the best ride ever.

That said, I would probably spend a lot of time at AK if i was there alone. I definitely want to check out SW:GE.

However, if they donā€™t screw it up and donā€™t mess up SE, once FW is redone, Epcot will be the best without a doubt.

1 Like

Do you have park % ?

1 Like

AK is our least favourite too but it has EE so we have to spend a lot of time there riding it over and over.

4 Likes

Interesting to note that those here who rank AK as least favorite go there for a thrill ride. I also enjoy EE but itā€™s not why I go. I go to AK to feel relaxed. That seems like an important difference.

3 Likes

I donā€™t go to WDW to relax! With one trip every 3 years if Iā€™m lucky, we go go go. I do appreciate that AK is very pretty.

3 Likes

okā€¦ at a desktop to be able to link: This Is the TOUGHEST Disney Question We've EVER Asked! How Would You Have Answered? | the disney food blog

1 Like

The cynical side of me says ā€œis why AK is the best?ā€

But the less flippant side says ā€œthanks for the tipsā€. I want to like AK more than I do and all you AK prophets out there are making sure I keep an open mind. We had a less-than-great experience there pre-Pandora and havenā€™t been back. But we are planning on trying again on the next trip and will do what we can on the ā€œOBNurseNH Greatest Hits Listā€.

1 Like

May I ask what made it less-than-great? Perhaps I can help you tweak for a future visit so it will be amazing.

One thing to know is that AK almost always ā€œfeelsā€ busy even if the crowds are small because it is a relatively small park (for foot traffic - spatially it is the largest by far, but this includes places where crowds cannot wander ie the savanna) and the pathways are narrow. This can certainly make it a tough experience, especially if youā€™re cramming it all in and trying to get it all done. But if you are open to wandering/meandering from place to place, my goodness it is just such a wonderful place to be.

1 Like

Well I understood the question clearly. And my response stands: HS

2 Likes

ā€œ. . . wandering/meandering from place to place, my goodness it is just such a wonderful place to be.ā€

As @OBNurseNH says, AK is different. Itā€™s not a commando place.

Itā€™s where you spend a solid 2 hours watching thru a window as the staff do a wellness check on a komodo dragon, who is stronger than 7 people. Or you take an hour to find every bird shown in the card. Youā€™re the first person on a trail when you encounter a CM who shows you all kinds of cool natural science stuff. Itā€™s the place you tear up every time you have to leave the gorillas. It may have the scariest attraction in all WDW: itā€™s tough to be a bug. And probably the most inspired bit of Imagineering: the tiger enclosure. Tongue in check, I guess.

To be sure, Epcot is my favorite park.

Maybe the best place in AK is the dining pavilion down by the water from Flametree where you can munch on lunch while listening to the screams emanating from Everest. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Regarding AKā€¦

I do agree it is a lovely park. Definitely the prettiest of them all. But the thing is, as a whole, it just doesnā€™t do much for me. The air is always stagnant and humid compared to the other parks, so I end up hotter and sweatier there than the other parks. Mostly, it is looking at a lot of trees and greenery. I mean, as I said, it is lovely. But I can go up to the local botanical gardens and see that kind of thing for free!

There are the animalsā€¦but then, we can go to the local zoo, which is much better in terms of animal viewing.

So, whatā€™s left to set it apart? The rides and the shows. And in terms of rides, that really means EE and FOP nowadays, and maybe KS. Dinosaur is fine. Kali isā€¦wellā€¦boringā€¦and apparently no longer even bothers to get you wet! And while EE is arguably the best roller coaster on propertyā€¦it isnā€™t necessarily worth wasting an entire Disney World park ticket on. FOP was a new experience for us, and it was a fun ride. But I came off of it kind of still preferring Soarinā€™, so if I go to Epcot, Iā€™m good.

The shows? Thatā€™s the strength of AK, in my mind. Of course, the best shows arenā€™t even open right now (FOTLK and FNTM) which puts a damper on things.

So, this is why AK, for us, ranks at the bottom. HOWEVER!!! This description certainly makes it sound worse than it is. AK is better than the sum of its parts, for sure, and we always allocate a day to it. But one day (or less) is all we need. I MIGHT enjoy it more if we went during time when it isnā€™t so hot. But usually by mid-afternoon, we are dead tired from the heat there and are ready to go.

So, yeah. If we had to choose one park we could never go back to, it would definitely be AK. But, fortunately, we donā€™t have to make such a decision. Fortunately, we can hit up AK once each time we go.

3 Likes

Right up until that bit about Epcot I was thinking we were twins separated at birth. All those things you say about AK. Those are the things. It is such a place to TAKE YOUR TIME AND SOAK IT IN. More, to me, than anywhere else.

3 Likes

BTW, slightly off topic hereā€¦but is no one else bothered by the fact that on FOP the banshee you are riding doesnā€™t have a head? That fact almost single-handedly ruined the ride experience for me. We should be able to see the head as weā€™re flying, twisting, diving, etc. But nothing. Yet, all the other banshee riders have banshees with heads that definitely are in the field of vision of their riders.

2 Likes

I never noticedā€¦ now Iā€™m going to have to look :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes