Poll Time! Favorite Park at WDW?

After that long (and perhaps controversial?) table-service restaurant tournament, I decided to go back to the basics for a quick and easy poll.

Which is your favorite of the four parks at Walt Disney World?

• Magic Kingdom
  • Epcot
  • Hollywood Studios
  • Animal Kingdom

0 voters

Use any and all criteria to judge for yourself and answer the question of which is your “favorite.” Also, feel free to qualify and expand on your answer below.

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
2 Likes

Ha ha! Great minds think alike!

1 Like

this was hard. had to do process of elimination

3 Likes

I think for us Disneyland folks, Animal Kingdom is the most unique! Epcot would have been my next choice (when not under construction …).

3 Likes

I would pick HS next probably, but it would be a close one with Epcot.

1 Like

Epcot is my favorite, overall. But it is really hard to define “favorite”. Because there are reasons I could pick MK or even HS as a favorite. (AK wins as “prettiest” park…but ranks last otherwise.)

I love the variety at Epcot, between FW and WS. Even most of the attractions are significantly different from one another. There is definitely a nostalgic component as well, which plays less and less a role these days. (I’m actually looking forward to the eventual transformation.)

But MK is quintessential DIsney, and no trip would be complete without hopping over to ride PeopleMover (my favorite ride), Space Mountain, or Haunted Mansion.

But then…HS has come a long way, baby. Probably now the most “thrilling” of the parks.

And AK? It has…trees and Expedition Everest. :slight_smile: (Oh…wait…there are animals there, aren’t there?)

4 Likes

The construction is a problem for me right now. Only willing to do world showcase and go in/out of International entrance

1 Like

I love the rides at HS best (maybe out of all four parks!)… but I don’t like the park itself, if that makes sense. It needs more decor and more foliage.

4 Likes

Yes, I agree!

1 Like

It makes perfect sense. I think someone here previously mentioned it is more of a playlist (a rather good one) than an album. That encapsulates it pretty well.

3 Likes

This is tough to pick one, depending on which criteria you use. You could scientifically break it down and have a point system with categories such as food, rides, atmosphere, etc. I’m going to skip that and just base it on which park has given me the best experiences and memories in my trips there, and it is Epcot, but it’s very close.

2 Likes

Do you even know me? Duh.

#AKForever

5 Likes

I already had you penciled in for AK. :wink:

4 Likes

This is such an interesting and difficult question as so many have alluded to. Historically it was EPCOT for me all the way. But @ryan1 is right - it’s not a trip to “Disney World” unless I do Magic Kingdom. In fact, I’ve had two one-night business trips in the area over the last decade or so and both times I headed to MK for the evening. Plus? Now that I have kids and I have seen their interactions/experiences in the parks, MK is hard to beat. And yet… Batuu… which literally transports me into one of my all time favorite movie worlds. Not to mention AK, which has the best “vibe” if that’s a thing. And the first time I went there and did KS is on my top 5 vacation moments ever list…

Ok - I did the @Tall_Paul1 thing and thought through “winners” in various categories. MK it is for me.

1 Like

If your avatar showed up under anything other than AK, I think we might have called 911 on your behalf and sent someone to your home or work to make sure you were okay! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

2 Likes

I picked AK, but my favorite changes depending on what is happening. And right now AK meets criteria. MK always pales in comparison to Disneyland for me, so it can pretty much never be the favorite. Epcot is generally right up there, especially during Festival of the Holidays. I love all the storytellers, decor, food booths, and such. HS could be my favorite, based on rides alone. But the fact that is is packed everyday, has been overtaken by Star Wars (which I only like a little), and requires much more planning to be able to ride all the headliners in 1 day without waiting more than 15 minutes in line each takes it down the list. That leaves fabulous AK, with its wonderful rides (FOP, EE, Safari as the top 3), fantastic food (Yak & Yeti!), amazing atmosphere…yep, it has to be AK right now.

2 Likes

This is so true for me as well.

1 Like

I think it is true for most of us where DL is our home park. There is something about DL, that is not replicated in WDW…but most would never know unless they spend more time at DL than WDW. I miss DL so much. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

:sob::sob::sob:

2 Likes