Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film Part 2

I’m surprised how many non-DIsney films we’ve watched in the last year and enjoyed. Wonderland was better than I expected. The How to Train a Dragon trio were a lot of fun. Ferdinand - I missed the last 10%, but loved the first 90%. Red Shoes and the Seven Dwarfs was very good.
I’m not sure I’ll rewatch any of those either, but we’ve enjoyed trying new things.

1 Like

Okay…so, my wife and I watched Bambi (in my case for the very first time) only a few months ago. Yes, yes. I had never seen it, despite knowing that the mom dies and all that. But here’s the funny thing. All this time, I thought Bambi was a girl. I mean, the name “Bambi” is seemingly only ever culturally used to refer to a girl. So…I was shocked to find out Bambi, this whole time, was a boy! I also found it disturbing NOT just that Bambi’s mom dies…but that she ends up being someone’s dinner. :confused: I mean…what in the world! This movie was AWFUL (in terms of the implications of the story)!

3 Likes

The story itself is pretty awful lol. But I enjoy the movie and the characters and animation, etc. It’s a beautiful gem of a film.

1 Like

I agree with you…but after waiting 48 years to watch it…I was shocked at what it actually was about! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t find the story that awful, living in a heavy deer hunting and venison eating area. Circle of life. I don’t tend to feel bad for deer.

4 Likes

Yeah - it’s kind of funny how it all plays out. It was probably Disney just showing off what they could do animation wise.

I do like the story.

1 Like

:rofl:

4 Likes

I loved the dad in Turning Red for exactly this reason.

5 Likes

The final round is live! Go vote:

1 Like