Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film Part 2

I know! No touchy!

6 Likes

Emperor’s New Groove.

2 Likes

No-touchy (1)

7 Likes

Ah. Saw it once, so I don’t remember much about it! Just thought it was…weird.

1 Like

It’s brilliant!

7 Likes

I give you tons of credit for your passionate loyalty to that movie. It never really connected with me.

It’s like someone I know that’s a die hard Cleveland Browns fan. Never going to live up to the success and national popularity of most other teams, but it’s their team.

3 Likes

Hahaha.

I was just doing laundry and thinking about the rare movies I will stop what I’m doing to watch:
Emperor’s New Groove
Bolt
Parts of The Lion King

Then there are a bunch I will actively listen to if the girls are watching them:
Sleeping Beauty
Tangled
Cinderella
Aristocats
The Lion King
Wreck It Ralph I and II

Then most everything else I pop in my ear buds and listen to my podcasters or Audible.

5 Likes

(I’m ignoring how you just compared me to a Cleveland Browns fan.)

8 Likes

You know you’re a jaded American when you vote your second choice because you know your first choice will be a wasted vote.

4 Likes

No way, dude - I voted my first choice. I’m okay standing alone!

4 Likes

Emperor’s New Groove is great! It’s hilarious and touching. It’s not quite as epic or artistic as some of the others, but some days that’s just what you need. It’s very rewatchable.

3 Likes

I think Pacha is one of THE best Disney dads.

3 Likes

He is! My in-laws have a thing where they always look out for “good dad movies.” There are very few of them, particularly in Disney for some reason. The dad is always absent (Bambi), mean (The Little Mermaid), a deadbeat (most mainstream movies), or dies (The Lion King). Of course, a lot of them turn around by the end, or have good traits (can’t hold it against Mufasa that he is murdered, of course). But it’s good to have some movies where there’s just a dad being good! (I like Julia’s dad in Luca, btw.)

5 Likes

I mostly like Mr. Incredible. But the lying grates on me.

1 Like

Have you watched Flora and Ulysses?

2 Likes

King Triton is mean???

I thought he was just exasperated. He comes through for her when she needs him to!!

2 Likes

I watched that on your recommendation. I really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Yes he’s one of the ones who “turns around by the end.”

And to be fair, it’s totally normal for a character to have flaws and make mistakes, as long as they learn from them and grow. So Triton is a great dad, IMO.

1 Like

I have! I don’t remember the story very well, other than the girl and the squirrel. :joy:

1 Like

Yes - and the dad was a decent guy IMO.

That movie will always have a special spot in my heart bc we discovered it during our two weeks in a rental house after leaving our life in NY and before we could get into our new house. We needed ridiculousness and the laughter penetrated the tears. I think we watched it maybe 10 times in two weeks.

3 Likes