Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film Part 2

An option around those scenarios is a giant NCAA March Madness-style tournament, like TP did with resorts. Seed the films according to a legit source like IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes scores and then have a ton of 2-option mini polls, and the heavy hitters should all have a chance to make it closer to the end that way. But it might not change who the ultimate winner is.

3 Likes

That’s all true, but again it’s practicality. (Also ranked choice voting would eliminate B in your example if A, B, and C were the only options. My model is just skipping past all the rounds where D-Z are eliminated.)

Making a spreadsheet would be fun, but I’m actually more concerned with people knowing how to vote using it! :joy:

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting you actually change your methodology. Only illustrating that ranked choice voting tends to be the way to get the best overall outcome. (There are some caveats to that, of course…but in general.)

In practice, we saw this played out a couple elections ago. (This is going to touch on politics…but only to illustrate the point!) For the Republican primaries, if ranked choice had been used, Trump wouldn’t have been the nominee. Why? Because while he had the highest percentage of votes, when they looked at the ranked choices, the remaining votes tended to be split among other candidates…and using ranked choice, one of those other candidates would have ultimately taken the majority of the votes. It was just that, because the ideologies of the other candidates were similar enough to one another, it was kind of crap shoot as to which would end up with anyone’s actual vote…but of those voting for someone OTHER than Trump, they tended to NOT have Trump in their preferred list of options.

2 Likes

I would love ranked choice voting to be more widely adopted for political elections. It definitely makes sense in that context.

3 Likes

Exactly. It would always behoove multiple similar candidates to self select the most electable of the group with others dropping out before votes are cast and momentum happens, but it’s hard in practice when most have the ego to believe they themself should be the one to rally around.

3 Likes

Right now it’s shaping up to be a three-way race between the powerhouses of the Disney Renaissance! The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King. Those are three of the most influential of my childhood, for sure.

Use a Google Form for the voting, and use Google Sheets for the sorting. That way no one can mess with your spreadsheet.

3 Likes

Juju is going to be so sad that everyone hates Cinderella

2 Likes

I :heart: Cinderella!

2 Likes

Tell her Cinderella won in our hearts. :blue_heart::white_heart:

Like the Schwan’s man yelled at us the day we refused to sign a contract, “DON’T PATRONIZE ME!!!”

1 Like

My phone case

4 Likes

You have class

1 Like

That is FANTASTIC!!!

1 Like

A gift from my daughter, who also loves Cinderella!

3 Likes

I think that’s it - the all caps.

Cuz I do one word posts occasionally.

:blush:

1 Like

:rofl:

1 Like

Yes the software doesn’t recognise all caps as a word so it doesn’t allow it.

2 Likes

Completely OT:

I was moving things around and saw an older laptop of ours. Back in 2017 two of my kids were doing online classes and we picked up an inexpensive, second laptop. They were always lying around and looked the same. But - the original laptop had a touchscreen and this one did not. I got tired of always grabbing the wrong one, so we named them.

This one’s name was Kuzco.

Y’all know why?..…

6 Likes

Nope. (I don’t know who/what Kuzco is.)

1 Like