Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film FINAL ROUND

Have any of your polls ended in a tie?

If so, what happens then?

2 Likes

The server automatically places one first and that is the winner. It’s in the rules. :joy:

ETA: that has never happened for a final.

4 Likes

That’s illegal

2 Likes

Ties are determined alphabetically! :wink: :crazy_face:

1 Like

The Beast in BATB is stupid-looking. Simba is cute. Case closed.

2 Likes

The flaw in your chart is that you excluded Something There and The Mob Song, which together give BatB two points, putting it over the top.

2 Likes

You don’t find this cute?!

(Ok I know he says himself that he looks stupid. :joy:)

7 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I was 11 when TLK came out. It was peak JTT time for me (my first crush), so I vividly remember being so excited to see it - for that reason above all others. I love it, but for me you just can not beat Angela Lansbury and that song. :heart:
Both are in my top 100 favorite films of all time though - both absolutely wonderful. (Here is a snapshot of all the Walt Disney Animation in my top 100 films)

1 Like

No. I find the whole thing stupid. I can’t watch the stage show at HS and I hate the Beast at BOG.

The live-action remake was much better looking.

2 Likes

I haven’t been around for any previous rounds, but I’m glad to see these two here, as they are probably the ones I would have picked as the top two of all time anyway.

On one hand, I well up a little every time I see Belle position Beast’s hand when they start dancing, and have a deep affinity for Angela Landsbury singing that song. It’s nostalgic, wholesome, tender, and inspiring.

On the other hand, The Lion King ultimately got my vote. The peal of that first note as sun rises above the savanna in that opening scene instills such a wistful and anticipatory eagerness for what is to come. I experience such a wonderful adventure in the next 1.5 hours, including treachery and tragedy; Simba’s naivete, his grappling with his past, and his growth. His experience with his father in the storm scene makes me tear up every time. “Can You Feel the Love Tonight” is a masterpiece, and when you add Timon and Pumba’s friendship, Nala’s bolstering confidence and support, and that ending that “circles” back to the opening scene – well, you simply have what is to me, the best animated movie of all time.

4 Likes

Ugh

1 Like

If the kid were born 3 wks earlier they’d be going to [somewhere] too. It’s a touchy subject. But, likely not the last. The kid is nothing if not idealistic. :blush::sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

I was talking about Aladdin though, not LK. not that it makes me that much older. I think I was 8 when Aladdin came out, I can’t say for sure if it was my first movie theater experience, but first Disney (=major) movie for sure. 11-12 for LK.

For the record I’m 38 now. I don’t consider myself old but my kids are now older than I was during the aforementioned rite of passage. So I guess I’m not “young” either :sweat_smile: Encanto and Moana have been their “Aladdin’s” and I’m pretty happy with that :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Lion King, but really Alice in Wonderland FYI.
Had to get my vote in before I leave. Be back Thursday, taking a short cruise with the nephews and fam to Mexico.
Still procrastin- i mean packing! Leave in the a.m.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

7 Likes

Okay, but Gaston is perhaps my favorite character meet ever. So… I think your point has been deemed moot.

3 Likes

I picked BATB. And I just caught up with this thread. I am old people compared to many of you. :older_woman:

3 Likes

Paging @NoBellePrizeWinner.

2 Likes

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I declare this entire poll to be null and void and put forth Chip ‘N Dale Rescue Rangers (2022).

You wanna pander? THATS HOW YOU PANDER.

8 Likes