Poll Time! Best Walt Disney Animation Film FINAL ROUND

Every year after 2000 is an imaginary number, like a square root of a negative. They exist, but they don’t.

4 Likes

Exactly.
That’s why when people say “30 year ago” they’re clearly talking about the 70s right?

10 Likes

Since the difference between being in the 30s and being in the 40s is only a single year, that means the difference between being 30 years old and 49 years old is one year. So it makes sense to me! :smiley:

5 Likes

That’s the year I got married.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was out of college and had started adulting when these both came out.

Babies, so many babies here. You all make me feel ancient!

My kids were born in 2001 & 2005. They watched all the movies on VHS, then DVD.

My favorite animated film gets very little love… Sleeping Beauty. I love the fairies, how they took a piece of classical music and gave it lyrics, and the animation is amazing. The work with the multiplane camera (especially in the beginning of the movie) is just so well done.

I like BatB and LK a lot. I think I have to give the nod to BatB because of the soundtrack (not that LK’s soundtrack isn’t excellent). I really love Alan Menken & Howard Ashman’s work (even have a cd set that includes some of their working recordings), it is so layered and intentional. I love learning about their whys and hows. If you haven’t seen it yet, check out the documentary, Howard, on Disney+.

7 Likes

Not from me!

Yes, this is a great documentary!

4 Likes

Same with the kid who lives with us! But August birthdate so still one more year of high school.

@Jeff_AZ , @GreyingMouser , et al: my youngest grandson is a huge fan of TLK, altho at 3 he’d ask to watch “Wyon King” .
Over and over and over . . .

(He was 3 1/2 at dvd release date)

4 Likes

Really though but LK was my favorite from that era because it was different from the Princess ones. And of course the music is legendary.

1 Like

To add on to the pile, I was 9 when TLK came out. My family are huge Elton John fans also so it was a match made in heaven for us. It was released in theater when my son was younger and the Circle of Life song hit hard!

2 Likes

This is the box set I have. It is currently going for $168 on Amazon!! :astonished:

There is a Wikipedia page as well.

It is an excellent peek into Menken & Ashman’s creative process.

I also have The Music of Disney: A Legacy in Song, which is also amazing.

Wikipedia page

7 Likes

My younger son was born in Aug 2004 too. But our school year starts in Sept so he’s off to Uni this year.

2 Likes

I had the Music of Disney: A Legacy in Song… in tape cassette

2 Likes

You consign Angela Lansbury to “etc” !!! :scream: :scream: :scream: INVALID!!! Point to Beauty and the Beast!!!
Beauty and the Beast wins!!

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Rowan Atkinson was missed out for Lion King, so it breaks even!! :laughing:

4 Likes

I feel you, but AL>>>>>>RA. All day and every day. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Well he was going to type her name… but then there was this Queen of Diamonds… and… now what were we talking about?

2 Likes

Ooft! Not in agreement. Sorry :joy:

2 Likes

Yes, she was the perfect Mrs. Potts. Love her, but not a main character, while Jeremy Irons is the difference for me, making Scar, and the movie, way better than they would have been with someone else.

3 Likes

This is like comparing steak and cake. Impossible.

7 Likes

Wow, vote count: 40 vs 39

2 Likes