Poll Time! Best Show or Parade in Magic Kingdom?

Went with Main Street Trolley show. I have yet to see HEA. The crowds put me off.

2 Likes

Watch the stream that WDW released the other day! It’s really beautiful on a big-screen TV, enjoyed from the comfort of your couch!

9 Likes

:rofl: I would like to speak to a supervisor!

2 Likes

My vote had to be for Festival f Fantasy Parade. My 2 DGDs loved it in the park and love it on videos during the stay at home time. We stayed to watch the fireworks, standing back by the train station. The 13 month old was terrified by the sounds. We left. We ended up seeing some of the fireworks while waiting for the bus. She does like HEA on the videos.

2 Likes

Not even fair to all the rest - some of which are good, but none of them compare :wink:

3 Likes

The parade and HEA should be in a category of their own. But I had to vote for Casey’s Corner pianist - they are so talented! I could watch them play for hours.

3 Likes

Someday I may have to do a parade tournament, and a separate fireworks tournament, and include all the historical parades / fireworks shows to see what everyone’s favorite is!

5 Likes

Jim Omohundro has been playing at Casey’s Corner since 1984 and I have made it a point to stop by and talk to him during each trip since then … So I had to give him my vote

3 Likes

HEA is just fireworks.

Dapper Dans are awesome.

4 Likes

I agree. When we were there in October, both the Dapper Dans and the Citizens of Main Street brought me to tears of nostalgia.

3 Likes

I wonder if this type of polling/information is why Disney has continued to whittle away the little stuff and just keep the big stuff that WOWS.

1 Like

Same my kids (4 & 6) hate fireworks because of the noise. They like the parade. We are doing a split stay with one night at Bay Lake so we can watch the fireworks from our room. Won’t be the same, but at least my husband will finally get to see it.

2 Likes

I don’t know - I think a lot of us vote for the biggest / most spectacular attraction, but I’m always surprised that some people choose the charming, unassuming attraction as their absolute favorite.

But even those of us who vote for the spectacle have a special place in our heart for dozens of smaller attractions, too. I think Disney is smart enough to recognize that, though I’m sure it gets to a point where an attraction isn’t paying its due and has to be cut.

3 Likes

I haven’t even seen most of these. Was the muppets show in Liberty Square eliminated? I know I saw something about that happening but I’m not sure if it happened yet. That would be my vote for little shows that happen periodically, since I haven’t seen the others. I’ve seen Festival of Fantasy, Move it shake it, and a little of Let the Magic Begin.

1 Like

@heidelj The show ended on Decenter 31, 2019. It went on a brief hiatus on October 5, 2019 before temporarily returning three months later for a brief holiday run from December 23 to 31, 2019.

2 Likes

Thanks, I couldn’t remember exactly what I had seen!

1 Like

I’m more thinking the people who are not as…passionate…as we are about Disney. That they get a survey from Disney, asked what they liked, they focused on the “big” stuff because it was their first trip and simply don’t know about the little things that make it special.

Just musing.

I love the “little” stuff.

2 Likes

Such a hard choice between HEA and the Casey’s Corner Pianist - but Jim Omohundro and the joy he brings through both his music and who he is as a person mean that the pianist ultimately win out for me.

1 Like

Take the Animal Kingdom poll too!

I’ve been sleeping on this one but I finally have the championship poll up and running. Go vote!