Poll Time! Best Pixar Film

I love each of the Star Wars films too much … I don’t know how I’d ever choose! I mean, I do have my favorites, but I love them all! I’ll have to figure out a way to do a poll that won’t be triggering for me. :joy:

3 Likes

Don’t vote for best.

Rank 'em in order . . .

3 Likes

I’m the same way. I feel like I must have watched the first two in theaters, since there was no other way to see them, but I have no memory of doing so. I knew the characters and storyline when I saw RotJ. I have very vivid memories of the day I watched RotJ with a group of my brother’s friends. We played frisbee in the parking lot while we waited for the next showing since the first one was sold out. I was 17, I think.

1 Like

You could have watched them in VHS by the time ROTJ came out.

1 Like

Nope. I am wrong. I thought ESB came out on VHS before ROTJ came out at theatres. Guess not! My memory is off on that one! But ANH was out on VHS by then.

1 Like

I don’t think so, didn’t it take forever for Lucas to release them? Or am I thinking of ET? I’m old.

1 Like

ANH was released on VHS in 1982. ESB was 1984. ROTJ was at theaters in 1983.

2 Likes

This is a PIXAR thread. And I’ve been told I go off topic!!!

5 Likes

FYI, TNT is showing ESB right now and RotJ is following.

1 Like

But, really, they are the same thing. Zurg being Buzz’s father, etc.

3 Likes

SPOI. LER. !!!

6 Likes

I found the Han Solo…

3 Likes

Maybe I’m just older than you and @Minnie27mouse but I vividly remember seeing ANH in theater. I had no idea what I was about to see. I must have been 11 and we were on a band trip for junior high all state band. Mr. Necas, my old band teacher, took us to see it in Tucson on the way back home (from Phoenix) as a treat. Must have been the first or second weekend it was out. The theater was packed so we couldn’t even sit together. I was enthralled! It was one of those moments that sticks with you.

5 Likes

I would have been 10yo in '77. I just have a crappy memory going that far back! :rofl:

4 Likes

I was 11, and I also have a crappy memory. :joy_cat:

3 Likes

We just watched it today too! It was so good and did make me want to watch all the Toy Story’s again (except 4).

4 Likes

I was negative 6, and have a really good memory. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:

8 Likes

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::blush:

2 Likes

I was 21, and saw it in “THE” best theater in the big city, with cushy seats and surround sound, When that spaceship came into view as if it passed over us, and then later they went into hyperspace - swoooon!!! DH (then DF) got the soundtrack album, and we listened to it often. We got to see the movie another time or two as we insisted my brother, then his brother, then his sister had to go with us to see this really awesome movie we found. To us, it was a whole new standard in what movies could do.

To me, this is the only SW movie that truly made such an impression, even if later ones had better writing, acting, cinematography, or special effects. Any improvements were not noticed by me, compared to the leap made by the original movie.

6 Likes

Exactly! It was so new and ground-breaking.

3 Likes