Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Location Round 3

Looking above, if you are in the BW Lobby and then walk to the start of the bridge, it might only be .1 more than leaving the BC lobby, walking past that corner of the BC, the quiet pool, to the bridge? In reality? It has to be longer than that?

2 Likes

Oh I believe it. I did that walk for 6 times in 12 nights. It was really really short. I had a pool view room facing the clown … I mean roller coaster pool.

So comparing that stay with when I had the BC room in the very last part of that hall literally right next door to that last staircase which was a 2 min walk…I wouldn’t say BC is much closer because that room was very far from the lobby. In August we had a YC room facing the lighthouse on that lawn where people take their dogs. I would walk straight to those stairs. It felt further than our BW pool view room.

2 Likes

No way jose is it 0.75 miles. It took 10 min to walk at a leisurely pace from our room in heels! No way that’s .75 miles from the lobby because the lobby was closer than my room by a tiny smidge…lol

*Edit I only did the heels a couple of times when we’d do a fancy dinner somewhere in the southern end of Epcot so I wasn’t walking Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex and the City far in them. Just so ya know I’m not crazy! Well, okay, I am crazy but that’s not why! :wink:

1 Like

Isn’t the pathway all the around the Crescent lake loop only .75 miles total? I remember during my December trip that running/walking the loop was not even a mile.

Anyhow, the walk from our room to EP at BW was less than 10 minutes…and we were on the furthest side away from EP.

ETA: Looked it up. The entire loop is .8 miles.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I’ve never put on a timer or a pedometer but I spent 10 nights at Beach Club with multiple Epcot and 1 DHS visit, 12 nights at BWV with 6 EPC and 2 DHS visits, 3 nights in BWI with 2 DHS visits, and 1 night in BWV with 1 EPC and 1 DHS visit (either day of our stay). I’ve spent 3 nights in YC visiting EPC and DHS once each. BWV/BWI always felt like I did less walking overall than the BC/YC. Part of that might be because it’s more equidistant so I didn’t get that quite as long feel to DHS as I did from BC/YC which made a bigger impression at the end of the day when I was tired. But, that’s why I’d choose BW everytime on location alone…because to compensate even for that really great EPC walk from the far end of BC I had what felt like a significantly longer walk in each direction to DHS to make up for that in one day; I’d rather spread it out.

2 Likes

Here is the Google Earth measurement Lobby to IG for both BC and BW.

I also did one for DVC at BC. I’m not familiar enough with BW to say what the shortest route is if you have a room in the closer wing.

3 Likes

Was busy watching Loki when the great distance debate was continuing onward.

Taking a break from that mischievous scamp and used MapMyRun just now to clock the distances.

Will concede the BWV way around is closer to what @Jeff_AZ has said than what I had in my mind.

What was in my head was thinking about the other way around which is definitely longer at, interestingly, 0.7 miles:

Though it would not be likely that one would take that long way around if going from BW to IG for sure.

The BWV way around was at the end of marathon, and at that time every step felt like a half mile alone :wink:

3 Likes

we are very close with a 0.02-0.03mi margin :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I could see Epcot fireworks from my room in the Riviera. The hotel front desk said the fireworks I saw looking towards the skyliner were from MK.

2 Likes

at the end of marathon, and at that time every step felt like a half mile alone

I can relate! For my marathon it was a tunnel under a lake around mile 22.something. All the sudden I was alone. I hadn’t been alone the whole race. No spectators, no runners near me. In a dark and long tunnel and BAM :boom: wall was hit. Which was worse when I came out of the tunnel and had to run about a mile down a bridge one side and back up the other literally running past the final stretch where i could hear the PA clearly announcing finishers. Every step of that bridge going what my brain knew was the wrong effing way was painful (mentally) and felt like it took forever. The literal moment I got to the other side and the turnaround and I felt like the Flash for the last 2.2 miles. Ran a 9 min mile for those two. (Mind you my goal was 11 min/miles) But that 1.whatever it was probably 1.75 miles nearly killed me. And one side of that bridge felt a whole lot longer than the other.

3 Likes

I’ve never stayed at any of the Epcot resorts, but have been more intrigued recently. After the kids were born, we only stayed at BLT or CR due to walking proximity to MK and the amount of time we have spent at MK with 2 young kids. DW and are walkers so will always choose to walk (kids in strollers) if it is a reasonable option.

But now that (1) my kids are 6 and 4, (2) both kids are big Star Wars fans and (3) Epcot has added Rat (and soon Guardians), the Epcot resorts are more appealing for a future trip. What is the approximate walking time from BC to each of HS and Epcot? Is there a decent QS option at BC? We often grab something quick at Contempo cafe before heading to a park in the morning and also occasionally for dinner.

1 Like

To EP? 5 mins or less

To HS, roughly 20-25

There is one. I didn’t partake, so I can’t say how good it is.

3 Likes

You said what I was going to say, but probably better.

I haven’t stayed there, but I am imaging all of those things! And the fact that EP IG and HS currently beats EP main gate and MK for us.

1 Like

Not really, unless I’m missing something. There is the Marketplace, which has groceries and also sells some items that you can eat kinda QS style but not at the caliber you’d have at other resorts. But you can walk to Boardwalk and get all sorts of stuff. Also there are plenty of TS restaurants, including Beaches and Cream, and the pool bar. You won’t starve, but you’ll spend more than if you had a real QS location. (Pizza Window at BW is the best value, IMO.)

Are we not in angels-on-pinheads territory at this point?

2 Likes

Seems like this forum’s MO. :wink:

4 Likes

Poly, because what is better than swimming in the volcano pool watching the fireworks over magic kingdom while the horribly awesome electric light boat parade floats by !

4 Likes

Round 4 is now live!

1 Like

Yaaassss!