Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Dining

It’s like rice cream from Norway, but with raisins and a brown sugar crumble. It really is delicious.

2 Likes

Do not recommend with the Tusker Lager though. Maybe one of your gin drinks would be better.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: love how you blurred your pic!

3 Likes

Not to be pedantic, but the menu describes it as:

No raisins (though maybe some undried grapes?). I only make this correction because there’s a substantial anti-raisin contingent out there, and I don’t want them to be dissuaded.

3 Likes

Actually, I’m kind of one of them. Well, about certain things. I don’t really like raisins in baked goods (such as muffins or cookies), but I like raisins in others (such as cereal/oatmeal). It is mostly a texture thing, I guess.

But I wasn’t offended by them in this case. I suppose the “saffron-poached fruit” could include raisins?

3 Likes

Can you think of a beer that the lager is like? I do like lagers (Sam Adams is one of my faves)

2 Likes

I guess it’s semantics whether you call them poached grapes or raisins. Whatever they are, they’re not chewy like raisins. And they’re accompanied by some other yummy fruits.

4 Likes

Jiko, bread service at Sanaa and the best breakfast option on property - Boma. How can the answer not be AKL?!?!

4 Likes

I’m another. I abso cannot stand “cooked” raisins. Not many things I don’t like at all, but cooked raisins and cooked carrots are at the top of the list.

@ryan1 - for the texture thing with raisins - rando story:
My Aunt and Uncle were at my parents place this year at the same time I was visiting. We decided to make a fancy dinner at home, and for some reason, the Uncle had a craving for rum raisin Haagen Dazs ice cream, and went on a journey all over LAs Vegas to find it. I had never tried it, and he assured me that it’s been around for ages for a reason - because it’s delicious. Let me tell you - absolutely vile and wrong, and a crime against God. The ice cream was delicious, but the raisins were like little chopped worm pieces with snappy skin, and slimy innards. Heebie Jeebies for life. I will try anything once, and I truly love all types of foods - Indian, Sushi, Super hot Thai, African, whatever - doesn’t matter. But cooked raisins, and now raisins in Ice cream - just…no.

4 Likes

I love rum and raisin ice cream!

1 Like

Oh I love Tusker Lager (and Sam Adams too) I was just saying the pairing of it with the dessert was no bueno. It’s a pretty standard lager, maybe a little ligher than Sam.

1 Like

Ah! Okay.

Because I saw your pic and I was like - oh gotta remember to get the lager this time! I always mean to, always don’t.

So to see you saying you didn’t recommend it had me bummed out.

But if it’s the pairing, I’ll just be mindful of that.

2 Likes

Well then :thinking:, we’ve learned you’re gross.

:rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Yes only the pairing. Tusker lager is basically the only beer I’ll drink in WDW aside from Harp in the UK pavilion. Mostly bc those I can’t get at home whereas most other beers on site are easy buys at home and for a lot cheaper.

2 Likes

How rude!! :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I like to try and get things I can only get there.

I will make an exception and get a Schoefferhofer in honor of @NoBellePrizeWinner while I watch BATB on stage (in 9 days)

6 Likes

See, you ruined it for me. I have an aversion to raisins inside anything I eat. Texture maybe?

2 Likes

Okay, that’s me, but it’s a texture thing for me, so does the fruit have the texture of raisins?

1 Like

Hmmm :thinking: we agree on something.

Okay, sounds better.

1 Like

Probably. But better to be forewarned bc to me those are definitely raisins and not “poached fruit”.

2 Likes