Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Dining

You mean like restricted areas such as pool bars?

1 Like

Correct.

1 Like

Because it’s blah.

It’s proximity is WOW but it’s so blah

1 Like

Agree! There are many ways to view access!

1 Like

Ok, ya’ll I’m loving the discussion! This is what I like to see.

I’ll just quote a few things from my lead post. First the question:

Second, my personal interpretation of how you should factor in “access”:

But also this important caveat:

It’s your vote! You can use it how you see fit.

2 Likes

To elaborate on the above, every hotel in Disney has access to almost every restaurant (pool bars, etc. excepting). So you have to weigh the ease of access along with the quality and quantity of options.

Personally, I think Sanaa bread service is so good that it outweigh the limited number of options within walking distance at AKL compared to, say, Boardwalk. But I think choosing Boardwalk instead would be valid, especially if you think something like Flying Fish is better than Sanaa.

1 Like

This is KIND of off topic…but, based on comments I’ve read here on these forums, as well as several vloggers…the consensus seems to be that Sanaa is only so-so EXCEPT the bread service. Meaning, the ONLY reason people really like it is the bread service. The rest of the food is average.

I can’t imagine ANY bread being worth trumping other places with, you know, actual FOOD! :wink: But is there something I’m missing?

1 Like

I disagree - the butter chicken was delicious. I didn’t try many of the other dishes. But also having animals outside is part of the dining experience.

This right here is just completely faulty logic, however. :joy: For one thing, half the restaurants I go to are good because of the bread. But also, the bread service at Sanaa transcends the definition of bread. It is life.

(And to be more specific, it is five types of naan with 9 different dipping sauces.)

4 Likes

Wife 1.0 has severe tree nut allergies. We are both fans of the Swolphin restaurants, and she can easily navigate, and has gotten help with her allergies. No issues. Not sure how that is added in with consideration for people with allergies.

3 Likes

DFB is a good example where she doesn’t really have positive things to say about Sanaa OTHER than the bread service. (I should amend that…again, she doesn’t say it is bad, only that without the bread service, it wouldn’t be worth going out of your way for.)

I enjoy a good bread. But to take the Bible out of context, “man does not live on bread alone.” Bread isn’t enough to keep me full and satisfied. It is an appetizer, perhaps. But I wouldn’t go to any restaurant if all I was going to get is bread.

1 Like

But c’mon, butter chicken is hard to make not delicious. I’ve even heard quite a few ppl state that Trader Joes frozen butter chicken is fantastic (but it’s pretty much dog food, imo.)

1 Like

But not to take German out of context, but keeping in mind that beer is flüssiges Brot, I might be able to live on that alone… at least for awhile!

2 Likes

I had a burger there that was one of the best I’ve had on property. Also the view of animals. And the desserts. And the Painted Lemur. I mean really you gotta try there at least once. And for what it’s worth I have 0 desire for the bread appetizer.

1 Like

Yeah. I was only talking the food. Obviously, if you want to watch giraffe walk by while eating, it makes sense.

2 Likes

I don’t know … it’s mostly good, but I’m more picky than that. Sanaa’s was excellent.

I agree, but as I said, there are other good things at Sanaa. But it’s the bread service that makes it exceptional, and I do think excellent bread is enough to elevate an otherwise average establishment (but I think Sanaa is much better than average, even without the bread service).

Okay. I took a look at the menu. On each of the lunch and dinner menus, there is exactly one item I would even consider getting for the main entree. (The burger at lunch, and the New York Strip at dinner.)

(Interestingly, you got the butter chicken? It is only on the kid’s menu! :slight_smile: )

1 Like

It is a choice in the first item:

2 Likes

Ah! They hid it on me! (Not sure what it means to choose one from the “Journey”???)

1 Like

Thank you! I know I’m picky but I was pretty sure I didn’t order from the kids’ menu! :joy:

1 Like

Excited and motivated to get to Sanaa when the forces of the universe stop working against it.

2019 - wanted to book but then got a deal on QSDP and did only QS.

2020 - had it booked before the world and the trip fell apart

2020 - couldn’t find a way to get it into the schedule on a short trip

2021 - had it booked but then bumped and ran when choosing to spend all day at SB with cabana

2022 - booked but trip fell apart

3 Likes