Poll Time! Best Disney Resort Hotel Dining

Yeah. Still dining. But it also means including similar pool bars at other resorts!

1 Like

In my mind it kind of keeps them from any spotlight so they aren’t crowded.

1 Like

Feel free!

But in reviewing the list it is either TS or QS. None are showing as lounge/bar?

1 Like

Oh

We don’t talk about Swolphin no no no
We don’t talk about Swolphin!

Got it.

2 Likes

BGK, that might be true for some ppl. I think quite a few Disney run places are good. There’s room at the table for lots of places. Also, there’s probably plenty of people that think Swan/Dolphin aren’t good because they are not run by Disney, so only rubes would go there. Either way, people are just gonna be people. I’m ok with it.

4 Likes

Depends on interpretation of “access to the best”. How do you define accessible? How much do you weigh the access within the resort to the access nearby the resort? How do you define best? A good number of decent (quantity), or a few outstanding (quality)?

But it’s @Jeff_AZ 's plan all along to make us toil over these things and hash it out, lol.

4 Likes

And then you gotta consider: is it a snack or a meal or just a drink?

3 Likes

It doesn’t say that. It says “access to the best OPTIONS”. Let’s get the semantics right, before we decide what it means! :wink:

2 Likes

No other resort comes close. How many total for all the monorail resorts or YC/BCBW combined?

1 Like

I see…Disney is counting the lounge part of some of the places as separate dining locations, which probably isn’t exactly fair for direct comparison, unless the lounge offers something entire different. So, Shula’s and Shula’s lounge are counted separately. As DESTINATIONS go, that might be true, but as dining options, I’d consider them effectively the same.

1 Like

Disney would do the same for all resorts.

2 Likes

By Disney’s numbers, you are talking about 30 dining locations if you include all the monorail resorts together.

If you look at the Crescent Lake resorts (NOT including the Swolphin options) there are 22 options.

1 Like

Now let’s take Swan/Dolphin and add YC/BW/BC because unlike the monorail resorts, you can walk to all of the dining locations :wink:

It does not need to be Swan/Dolphin but at least @OBNurseNH is right?

2 Likes

I know this doesn’t matter for anything at all, but this is another reason why I love the fact that Swolphin generally gets NO love:

2 Likes

If you add Disney Springs to SSR, since it is all within walking distance, you have 71 options!!! :slight_smile:

So, as I said…SSR wins, hands down!

1 Like

The problem with Swan/Dolphin is that since they are not Disney owned, they don’t give a rat’s ass about allergies. They will always be off my list unfortunately.
I chose BW because access, Coronado because I’ve heard such rave reviews (can’t wait to eat there in May), and AoA again because of reviews plus access.

2 Likes

True. This gives you 44. (Although, to be fair, some of the locations at each resort is not technically accessible to the other resort guests…but that doesn’t change it a lot.)

1 Like

Another pro for SSR is that it tends to be a relatively less expensive stay, either cash or points-wise vs other deluxes (as far as I know), so that could give one more “financial access” to better dining options. Nothing says access only means location.

4 Likes

Good point. With limited funds, heading over to DS from SSR for Earl of Sandwich, for example, would be a great way to save some bucks!

3 Likes

So that impacts your access. I think that’s an important consideration for people with allergies!

3 Likes