Poll Time! All Things Harry Potter

As promised, the next poll in our series will cover Harry Potter!

I’ll have a few polls to cover the books, films, parks, etc.

Poll 1: What is the best Harry Potter book? (Vote for up to 3)

• Philosopher’s Stone
  • Chamber of Secrets
  • Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Goblet of Fire
  • Order of the Phoenix
  • Half-Blood Prince
  • Deathly Hallows

0 voters

Poll 2: What is the best Harry Potter film? (Vote for up to 3)

• Sorcerer’s Stone
  • Chamber of Secrets
  • Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Goblet of Fire
  • Order of the Phoenix
  • Half-Blood Prince
  • Deathly Hallows Part 1
  • Deathly Hallows Part 2

0 voters

Poll 3: What is your Hogwarts house? (whether you’ve taken the quiz or simply self-identify)

• Gryffindor
  • Hufflepuff
  • Ravenclaw
  • Slytherin

0 voters

Poll 4: What is your favorite ride / attraction in the Wizarding World? (Vote for up to 3)

• Flight of the Hippogriff
  • Forbidden Journey
  • Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure
  • Hogwarts Express
  • Escape from Gringott’s
  • Ollivander’s & interactive wand experiences
  • Browsing Hogsmeade
  • Browsing Diagon Alley
  • Something else (comment below)

0 voters

Poll 5: What is your favorite form of Butterbeer? (Vote for up to 3)

• Frozen
  • Cold
  • Hot
  • Potted Cream
  • Ice Cream
  • Soft Serve
  • Fudge

0 voters

(P.S. I am a aware of the Philosopher’s / Sorcerer’s difference in UK vs. US, so I split the difference by using Philosopher’s for book and Sorcerer’s for film. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

(P.P.S. I’m kind of cheating by putting this in the WDW section, but I want as much engagement as possible! Sorry UOR.)

Jeff's Official Polling Rules for Cynics and Skeptics

In case of a tournament, the following protocols will be followed:

• All voters are eligible to participate regardless of their familiarity with the various options
  • Voters may cast or change their vote as desired until the poll is closed (generally timed)
  • The first option to receive over 50% in any round upon closing of the poll is deemed the winner
    • In the case of a multiple choice poll, if more than one option receives 50%, there will be a single-choice elimination round to determine the winner among all options receiving 50% support.
  • The percentage displayed by the forum software will be deemed the official result, regardless of the absolute number of votes cast (i.e., rounding differences may be decisive)
  • If no option receives over 50%, additional rounds will be held
    • All options receiving 15% or more will advance to the next round
    • If all options have received 15% or more, the option receiving the lowest % of the vote will be eliminated
    • In the case of a tie, the option receiving the higher % in the previous round will advance
      • If there is still a tie after following the above rules, the option listed first by the forum software in the results will advance
  • All results are final – no recounts, re-dos, challenges, or complaints will be accepted; however, discussion and debate is welcome.
  • Have a magical day! :rainbow::european_castle::fireworks:
11 Likes

I couldn’t vote for the first 3 questions as I have never read a book or seen a movie! I know, shocking considering we visit UOR frequently.

6 Likes

Same.

Actually the only one I could answer was my House and that’s only thanks to the online Sorting Hat I once did when I was feeling curious.

5 Likes

Same here!

1 Like

I can’t answer four and five since I’ve never been to UOR.

1 Like

Ya’ll are disgraces. SMH

11 Likes

I’ve read each of the books at least twice, and listened to each on audio at least twice. The audiobook narrator is simply incredible. Worth listening for his voice talents alone!

Anyhow, Deathly Hallows ranks last place in both books and movies. While there is a lot of good stuff in there, it is so bloated that I found myself getting quite bored at times, which really wasn’t true with any of the previous books/movies.

My favorite book is Goblet of Fire, although Order of the Phoenix is a close second. For the movies, I think Azkaban can’t be beat!

5 Likes

And proud of it.

3 Likes

I have never read any of the books or seen the movies. Where’s the vote for that?? Ha ha.

2 Likes

Here’s the Disney connection!

The narrator of the American audiobooks is Jim Dale, who played Dr. Terminus in Pete’s Dragon. (He also narrated my favorite TV show, Pushing Daisies.)

7 Likes

I’ve only had cold Butterbeer (at the Warner Bros HP Studio Tour in London), and it was good but too sweet to have more than a shot of, in my opinion. I did not vote in the poll, since I have nothing to compare it to.

I haven’t been to Universal because I get motion sickness, and I probably couldn’t go on any of those rides. Because of that, if I voted, it would be for Hogwart’s Express, wand stuff, and browsing, but I didn’t want to throw off the poll.

2 Likes

Tangentially related and blurred because whatever:

The year the book where [spoiler]

Dobby the House Elf dies came out, we were on vacation at the beach and DH and my Aunt were voraciously reading the thing (each their own copy, nothing weird).

It occurred to me one day not long ago, that Dobby the House Elf not only died at the beach per plot (which I know because of cinematic osmosis), but he died for them AT THE BEACH

[/spoiler]

:exploding_head:

11 Likes

Swoon!!

1 Like

Why did I not know this?

2 Likes

not only died at the beach per plot (which I know because of cinematic osmosis), but he died for them AT THE BEACH

Did you not mean to say “at the beach” the first time? Because I don’t see what the big reveal was.

He also played three parts in Hot Lead & Cold Feet. He did such a great job!

1 Like

WE were at the beach

In the story Dobby dies on the beach
And WE WERE AT THE BEACH when they read that he died at the beach!

It was so meta

5 Likes

I believe the US audio books have a different narrator than the UK.
Here we have the legend that is Stephen Fry.
I’ve only ever listened to Philosopher’s Stone and Chamber of Secrets, but he’s amazing!!

3 Likes

No clue.

1 Like

Cool :+1:t2:

Ah, I loved that show!!!
Why is it never on streaming channels??? I would love to watch it again, especially after seeing the main blokie* as Ronan the destroyer!! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

*Sorry I can neither remember his character or real name.

2 Likes