Poll just for fun: Room view

We haven’t stayed on property since our honeymoon (POR), so view hasn’t really mattered. (And when we were on our honeymoon and in our room, the curtains were closed, not open, so it still didn’t matter!)

We are more about the rides/attractions than lounging around our room. BUT for our 25th Anniversary trip, I do plan to pay the big bucks for ONE NIGHT and get a theme park view room at the Contemporary. But I wouldn’t pay extra for such a view for many days.

So, I went with, “The hotel room view at some locations is important, including WDW.”

Years ago, my wife and I did a trip to Niagara Falls for an anniversary. We stayed two nights at a hotel kind of away from everything, but our third night splurged for a room near the falls advertised with a view!

We were so disappointed. We had a view all right. From like the 10th floor, we had a glorious view of…the parking lot. I guess when they said it had a view, and even though the name of the hotel had “overlooking the falls” in the name, it didn’t mean that the view you got was, in fact, overlooking the falls. It was a complete waste of money, not to mention the inconvenience of changing rooms! But I’m SURE if we had a room actually overlooking the falls, it would have been beautiful. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not a moderator. Why would you call me that?

1 Like

I was crying out for the intervention of one. Your bawdy honeymoon antics should be your own private domain.

1 Like

So, you mean, I shouldn’t talk about how we went to the Magic Kingdom, or Epcot, etc., on our honeymoon? Shrug Well, okay.

Don’t pretend you don’t know what it is that you did in your post. We all know. And we’re all disgusted.

But, I’m good at pretending. Besides, it is hard to write effective stories if I can’t pretend. Well, I mean, I suppose I could write more non-fiction, instead. No pretending necessary for that.

1 Like

Returning to the less vulgar subject of the topic at hand . . .

I’ve always been obsessed with views from hotel bedroom windows and have often paid more for them. Yet in almost all cases it hasn’t been worth it because what usually happens is that I enter the room, take in the view for ten seconds, say “wow — that’s amazing”, and then never look out of the window again.

I had a really great room at YC last summer for one night. Balcony, water view. Terrific! But all I did was walk out onto the balcony, say “wow!”, take a photo for these forums and then go back inside never to return: it was too hot to sit on the balcony and I had other things to do, like touring a theme park.

The best view from a hotel bedroom I’ve ever had was one where you couldn’t not see the view all the time because the room had floor-to-ceiling windows all down one side. And the view was amazing.

3 Likes

My “view” at Pop was great, but it’s not really a view. You only see it if you stand at the window, and even then you’re looking across a corridor.

The real value here was leaving the hotel room each morning and walking to the lift and enjoying the lovely view along the way.

3 Likes

If I’m honest, yes, we did get a great view of the parking lot, but also had a view of the falls. Fortunately, DH was travelling a lot for work at the time so we used points. To his dismay, all his points.

4 Likes

I picked Other. In general it is not important, as most of the time we are going to places with a lot of things to do, one of them not being “sitting around the room looking at the view”. Therefore, our priority is always location. However, it is nice to have a pleasant view on the odd occasion where we do decide to have a little down time after all.

2 Likes

What room did you have at Pop? I remember you were really happy with it.

2 Likes

Oh! I have never screen shot ! What a great idea!

1 Like

Don’t inflate his head

2 Likes

Sorry, but I have been known to screen shot bus times, notifications, toasters in DVC studios. I totally missed this one :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes. I am very wise. You would do well to learn from me.

Too late.

2 Likes

Fabulous :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I lol’d.

The room view matters only when it’s of use or if there’s a reason for me being there. So, for example, contemporary: very much. Port Orleans riverside: nah, thought it would, but it doesn’t.

2 Likes

Have you listed to the BOM podcast today yet?

:smile:

1 Like