Poll: Best image for the 2016 Unofficial Guide cover?

Ok, now I’ve tried three browers and still nothing. Grr…

I like 2. I like that the castle is on there but you still get the FoF parade aspect too. It just screams Disney!

They all made me want to go back, but I liked 1 because it was different then what you expect and I loved the clouds behind Beast’s Castle, they seemed to fit the Castle. Also, in the bullet points below you mention the new Fantasyland and it is a picture of it.
I was wondering why the picture was of WDW but the first bulletin point was about Universal.
I think any one of them would draw you to the book.

I vote option 2!

I love option 3!

1 Like

Following FlyerFan1973’s advice, I can now see them.

@len I vote #3.

Another vote for 2

Okay, clicked on the “edit” pen & can see them. Can one vote for “none of the above”? If I had to choose one, I guess it would be #1… but it’s so… “generic”. Definitely not #3. The fire-breathing Maleficent dragon is… such a “negative”, and is far too evocative of the fire-spewing dragon at diagon alley. I don’t know… “Disney” should be… “Happy”, no? (looked a few more times… #1 is growing on me.)

Also, in terms of marketing…

I have to agree that the 1st bullet point shouldn’t be about… Universal/Potterville? I would reverse the bullet points. Saving 4+ hours on lines is what drives TP, no? :wink: It is absolutely what sold the book to me back in 1993 & has had me recommending it to any/all friends & family who go to WDW since.

Then, info on “new fantasyland” & “new fastpass plus” gives the primary reasons one would need the 2016 version if one has already bought previous iteration(s) of the book.

Then, as a :“bonus”, there’s even the latest info on that other park.

Just trying to help. :smile:
Consider this a vote for #1, but wouldn’t mind seeing more options. 7DMT shot might be a winner, IMO.
Go well @Lentesta

3 Likes

Also… I think what may be drawing people to #2 & 3 – even though it’s got a fire-breathing evil villain, is that there’s “movement” in those pictures, whereas #1 is a “static” shot. I still think a 7DMT shot might be more effective though. :wink: I want “happy”, not “evil”.

EDIT: I see that the 2015 guide for kids used a 7DMT shot. A brilliant one, I might add, w/the castle in the background. So I guess Len & the team don’t wish to repeat the pics.

2 Likes

@ejj You may be right about the movement. Although I voted for #3, the more I look at it, it looks very similar to a shot I saw of Gringot’s dragon from that other park. I still like 3, however. Very eye catching.

A vote here for #2

I like #2

2! thanks for including us!

#2!

Another vote for number 2! I like the castle in the background.

WHAT “edit pen”? ALL I see on the OP is a grey button that says “Show Results” - that doesn’t do anything…

Upper right-hand corner of the post. The icon just to the left of the thing that says when the post was made.

Since I seem to be going alone on #1, given a choice between 2 & 3, I’ll throw in with the 2’s.