Please Tell Me About Gran Destino Tower

Just modified our December trip to Gran Destino. Have never been to CSR and would appreciate any information that you can share.

You are going to love it. The newest hotel on property. The rooms are gorgeous, love the Barcelona Lounge. Only downfall, it doesn’t have its own quick service restaurant within the tower. You have to go to the older convention center and the food is not good. Its not far and you don’t have to go outside it just kinda ruins the vibe. Lots of hidden Mickeys in the lobby and lounge as well. Gran Destino is as good if not better than many of the Deluxe resorts.

3 Likes

I loved Gran Destino Tower. We only stayed two nights but I’d love to go back. The entire place is beautiful! At least in the room we had, there was only a shower. It is a wonderful shower but if you are bringing the grandkids, they may miss the bathtub. I also highly recommend Toledo for dinner. On my trip to drop my DD off for DCP, we had dinner at a different rooftop restaurant each night — California Grill, Topolino and Toledo and Toledo was my favorite which says a lot! I hope you love Gran Destino Tower too.

3 Likes

It is BEAUTIFUL!

Make sure to visit the Dahlia Lounge up top. Get the meatballs - it’s a great snack, quite delicious!

Then be sure to visit the Barcelona Lounge. Beautiful setting and not busy.

The tower’s liquor is gin, so take some time to explore that some - the bartenders are fantastic about giving you a “tour” if you like!

Check out all of the artwork!

I spent just one evening there and it’s a MUST STAY at some point!

4 Likes

I wasn’t expecting to be offered Gran Destino as a modification to my POFQ stay. I hadn’t really looked at any YouTube videos. I saw after making the switch that the rooms have beautiful showers. I am hoping that my DD will be ok with the shower for the DGDs. I am going to see if any of the rooms have a tub.

I can’t say enough good things about this hotel. The wonderful aroma in the lobby! The cool elevators. The great views from the rooms.
We were booked to stay again in the tower w/club access but had to rebook to another hotel when they announced it won’t reopen until October. But, we will go back!

My only criticism is that they didn’t build a pool for the tower. You’ll need to head to the Dig Site or one of the other quiet pools around the resort.

2 Likes

It is a deluxe hotel at a moderate price. Very nice rooms (arguably one of the nicest of any property) and great bar/dining. Club Lounge was spectacular when we stayed there last but that was pre-COVID. We were two doors down from the Lounge and the food was excellent. Downside would be transportation. No monorail, no more Minnie Vans, no Skyliner. So Bus is your option if you aren’t driving. That is the only reason this place is a moderate in my opinion is the lack of park connection like the other Deluxes.

2 Likes

AKL has no park connection, nor does Saratoga Springs or OKW (though one could argue those last two are deluxe villa accommodations)

1 Like

AKL has no park connection, nor does Saratoga Springs or OKW (though one could argue those last two are deluxe villa accommodations)

No disagreements there. I would argue AKL is a little different because of the Savannah Views/Animals and relatively close proximity to AK. But definitely true. Yeah, SS and OKW dont really match up with a standard room option.

1 Like

SS & OKW have that sweet boat ride to DS. Nice perk there.

I found the buses from Gran Destino to be very regular and reliable. It’s so close to Epcot & HS so those are pretty short rides.

2 Likes

We had a car so never used the buses, but yes, the rides to EP and HS were very short. AK was not bad either. I’m hopeful that at some point they will put in more skyliner routes and CSR will be included. They still terrify me (fear of heights), but just like the ski lift, I can suck it up if the destination is good enough!!!

2 Likes