Please Post Your Room Request Results

Forgot to copy my room request from TP but it was for 6 room numbers straight for bldg 5 and 6 room numbers straight for bldg 3. Also requested 1st floor is possible and quiet, close to skyliner and food court. With a note that we like the quiet corners on the end. I got the last room in bldg 4 facing the pool, closest to the skyliner. First floor :heavy_check_mark: Close to Skyliner and food court :heavy_check_mark: Quiet :x::exclamation:

3 Likes

Those rooms are always so loud.

2 Likes

We booked Nature View at WL and they tried to give us a pool view. Nope! I had them change it to what we booked. We were right by the elevator which made me nervous, but it was surprisingly quiet!

3 Likes

At CBR, I requested first floor in Aruba and we got that. Building 52.

Problem was they messed up grouping our rooms so the rest of the party was in building 55 and second floor. They were able to move us to them the next day since there weren’t rooms buy us.

That location was very good. I liked being right by the bridge since we got pizza everyday and swam each day. We took the riveira bus a few times so would still probably prefer Aruba for that shorter walk to transportation.

4 Likes
  • Resort: POFQ
  • Class of room booked: Garden view
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP room request
  • Room requested: a range of rooms in building 1 looking towards building 2.
  • Result: 3204

Not a success but the room is on the building 1 side and looks in the direction of the garden that the requested rooms looked at.

3 Likes

Why are you posting about a room request all of a sudden? You’re not there now are you?

1 Like

I should be so lucky! I sent it for my friend.

3 Likes

Ok that makes more sense!

1 Like

Resort Pop Century
Room Type Standard
Method used TP
Room requested 4159
Result 8220

We received the room ready text on the drive in. I was pretty upset with the result. Building 8 and 9 are very hard to get to and from and are far from everything! I decided not to settle and called to see if we could change it. As we were coming through the security gate they called back and gave us 4453! Woo Hoo!! We’ve stayed at Pop many times now and building 4 is definitely our favorite. Easy to get to, close to main building and just a few steps from the skyliner.

6 Likes

So what I’m gathering is now I should make my room request via TP and during the online check-in process just to make sure it’s received.

2 Likes

There really are no choices these days during on/line check in. There might be a general “near lobby” or similar choice.

2 Likes

Resort: ASMovies
Class of room booked: Standard
Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP room request
Room requested: 2712 or any first floor room in the Mighty Ducks section.
Result: 7922 top floor in Love Bug section.

I always have pretty bad luck at value resorts with my requests.

6 Likes

I just want to state for the record here that room requests through TP are hit and miss, but the room finder is the most awesome and useful feature of TP for me (besides the forum lol.) It is tremendously helpful to see just where rooms are, what the views are like, etc.

9 Likes

I just realized I never posted my last (woooorst) room result from January!

Resort: Saratoga Springs
Room Type: 2 BR standard (DVC points)
Room Requested: The Paddock, either building near the bus stop and bridge across the lake
Room Assigned: The Carousel, the furthest building from the bus stop, and the far end of the building to boot.

Notes: I put in the notes that we were sad the Springs pool would be closed, but were excited to try the Paddock Pool for the first time. They put us in the only section of the resort that doesn’t have a pool… we had to take a bus to the pool and back. The Carousel section was a ghost town the whole time. We only ever saw one other family in our building, and 2 or 3 other families (like just the same 3 families, not 2 or 3 at any given time) at the bus stop so I’m really not sure why we had to be so far away. And even though it’s the furthest from everything, it was still loud because we were in the last building before you leave the property and the main road is very close.

5 Likes

Sometimes, when I’m missing Disney, I use the room finder to take a virtual walk through a property. I start at one end and work my was to the other. It’s nice!

4 Likes

Hi

Resort: Animal Kingdom lodge - Jambo
Type: Standard
Room requested: 4232
Room assigned: 4341

Great view for a standard room. We had a clear savanna view.

6 Likes

Is 4232 a savannah view room? I thought odd numbers are standard and even numbers are savannah?

1 Like

OP said it is a standard view, but has a great view of the savanna. Seems to be one of those sneaky standard savanna rooms :wink:

2 Likes

April 2023
Resort: Yacht Club
Category: Garden/Woods
Request: Sent TP room request for a room on the lake side of the building, any floor, facing the lawn. These rooms also have a side water view but are not specifically water view. I gave several room number examples but also explained what I wanted.
Room assigned: Room 4100. Opposite side of the resort, far down the hall, view was tops of trees and a tiny bit of the tennis courts. It was noisy on the balcony but could also hear it in the room due to a maintenance area just behind there. I guess I could have asked to be moved but we were only staying 2 nights. We both really liked the bed at YC.

3 Likes

My confusion is that one side of the hall is standard and one side is savannah. If even is standard, then the odd number assigned should be savannah (upgrade)?

1 Like