Please Post Your Room Request Results

• Resort: Caribbean Beach

• Class of room booked: 2 rooms - 1 standard with 5th sleeper, 1 standard with 2 queen beds

• Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP room request fax

• Room requested: 4533 & 4534 (Jamaica section, near Caribbean Cay bridge)

• Additional circumstances: We noted that we were traveling with the other group, as the name and payment was under two different people. We asked for a connecting or adjoining room as first priority. We noted that the second priority was to be in the same building. The third priority was location to Old Port Royale and the Skyliner.

• Result: 5109 and 5110. We got connecting rooms (TP did not list these as connecting) and we were just one building farther than the request. We got ground floor, which was not what I originally requested but ended up loving it. We could walk easily to the Jamaica bus stop and quiet pool, and it was quick to get to Caribbean Cay and OPR. I loved this location. It was also relatively equidistant to the Riviera Skyliner and the Skyliner hub. The view was mediocre, but I didn’t care. We didn’t have a balcony to enjoy a view anyway.

8 Likes

Room Request for December 2022 - Port Orleans Riverside
(We booked a standard room.)

Bldg 85, Magnolia Terrace, Flr 2, CORNER room NEAR PARKING LOT. Exmple:,8722,8718,8715,8798,8795,8791 OR if not available: 1st Floor Corner Room: 8522, 8518, 8515, 8598, 8595, 8591

PRIORITIES:

1. MAGNOLIA BEND ROOM (BUILDING 85-TERRACE, IF POSSIBLE)
  2. CORNER ROOM
  3. IF corner rooms are unavailable, other Bldg 85 standard rooms are okay.

RESULT: Building 80-Acadian House in Magnolia Bend-Room 8005, which was a “Woods View” and an upgrade from the standard room we booked and requested.

The Acadian House as well as the Terrace was a short walk to the bridge to the lobby/food court so I’d say the request was a success, although it was not a corner room. Thank you TouringPlans!

We arrived at Riverside around 1 P.M. which was the arrival time we gave Disney. About 30 seconds after we checked in at the gate, we received a text that our room was ready. I assumed that it was because of some magical pixie dust that our room was instantly ready when we wanted it, but was it because they knew we were on property and they gave us an available room so we wouldn’t have to wait? Guess we’ll never know.

8 Likes

Resort: All Star Movies
Preferred
TP room request fax
Room requested: None just that we wanted something quiet and safe due to traveling alone. But wanted first available since arriving early. Said we would arrive by 10am in the app, showed up at 1 ish and no room assigned so went to front desk and asked.
Got room 5723 1st floor which I don’t like (connecting room)- Toy Story area, back side, near where they store towel carts sometimes. Close to a parking lot if you need that.
Requested highest room but we told the CM at the front desk that we would really take anything. If was a little loud at night and in the morning when trying to sleep in or trying to get to bed early for an early flight. Was convenient to lobby, pool, bus stop etc.
No complaints except for noise but that was to be expected. I still don’t like the floors because they never look clean and I am sure they aren’t lol.
Quick walk to pool and laundry which was also good.

6 Likes
  • Resort: Pop Century
  • Class of room booked: Standard Room
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP room request
  • Room requested: I didn’t ask for a specific room, but specific buildings. I put this in my text:

*I don’t have a specific room request but I would love to have any room in building 4 or 5 of the 1960’s section to be close to the skyliner. If that isn’t available any room in Building 6 of the 1970’s section would be my next choice. *

Any room on building 4, 5, or 6 would be perfect so that we could quickly access the skyliner. Being close to the skyliner is my priority.

• Result: 5236, Building 5 of the 1960’s section which is one of the buildings I wanted. It was close to the skyliner, Classic Hall, and the Pool.

I long ago realized that it wasn’t a specific room that I wanted, but rather the specific buildings that I wanted. I’ve gotten one of those three buildings the last SEVEN times I’ve asked. The room was even ready at 11:37AM just after we got to Pop at 11:00AM.

I did do online check in as well in January and put that we would be arriving at 11:00.

7 Likes

Awesome! Building 4 is my favorite at Pop.

2 Likes

I’m hoping for Bldg 5 rooms in the 50-60 ending or Bldg or Bldg 3 rooms in the 60-70 ending. Funny, I can’t see my room request anymore. We get there tomorrow. I should have copied it! Will update with what I got!

2 Likes

I’d love to know if Pop is back to making the beds or not.

2 Likes

I believe full housekeeping is back in all locations

2 Likes

I believe it is every other day for values and moderates?

4 Likes

We were there for a weekend. They did not make the bed or clean the room. I think we got clean towels Saturday night. We left for Epcot that morning at 7:30 and didn’t come back to the room almost 11:00. We’d had several drinks and just went right to sleep.

2 Likes

How many nights? The blog post says:

By the end of February, full housekeeping room cleanings will once again be available at all of our Resort hotel rooms, with services provided daily or every other day depending on where you are staying.

1 Like

Two nights. Friday and Saturday.

1 Like

So you would have checked out before the room cleaning would have happened? Unless you were at deluxe?

2 Likes

We stayed at Pop for 4 nights in early February. Didn’t get every other day room cleaning, but I called to requests something, left some cash, and the room was completely cleaned when we came back.

Probably a 1 off as it only happened that one time i called.

Edited to add: This was clearly before the announcement of a return to “normal” housekeeping which, apparently for value resorts, is every OTHER day.

3 Likes

Was at Pop. Checked in Friday, checked out Sunday.

1 Like

Which is when they would have done it on an QOD basis

Check in

No service

Service (but you checked out )

3 Likes

Yes. Agreed. Wasn’t expecting it every day.

I guess I should have answered more clearly and said “no, not every day”. I assumed @jab300 was asking about making beds every day.

1 Like

Yes I was. It’s so disappointing to come back to unmade beds :frowning_face:

1 Like
  • Resort: Riviera
  • Class of room booked: Pref Deluxe Studio
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP room request
  • Room requested: 8944

Wanted to get a nice view over the quiet pool toward the lake but in fairness, we had earlier booked all of our families visiting (4 families and 14 people) and they had linked us together to try to get us all together. One of our families had a Villa as well so it changed the complexion a bit. Still got 8987 which was fine. Still pretty and I liked being on the 9th floor since it was close to Topolino’s and a quick elevator trip down to Prima Piatto/Pool/Bar Riva.

Second leg was a last night at the Beach Club

• Resort: Beach Club
  • Class of room booked: Standard Pool/Lake King
  • Room requested: 2643

Wanted to try to get a nice lake view over Stormalong but still got a very nice view from the room we got which was 3547. It was kind of a hike from the elevators/lobby but we just did a farewell night so other than a jaunt to Cape May, we didn’t do much there other than pool it. I will say that if you wanted quick access to the Skyliner/IG at EP or a quick trip around the Boardwalk, staying down that wing would be pretty smart.

8 Likes

Got back last night from 3 night stay. It’s everyother night. They remake the beds, empty trash, sweep or vacuum, refill things. They forgot my coffee (that DH liked- not me though.)

3 Likes