Please Post Your Room Request Results

Resort: Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo)
Class of room booked: resort view (2 queen beds)
Method used: TP request
Room Requested: partial savannah view
Result: 3110 on the Ostrich Trail

I struggled to place this room request: the main thing I wanted was a partial savannah view, but on the new TP website I couldn’t figure out how to make a narrative request so I actually only managed to click on a specific room that matched that description (I forgot which room number I picked), and send off that room number rather than the broader request for a partial savannah view.

Thankfully, AKL seemed to understand exactly what I wanted: when we checked in, I asked if the room we’d been assigned had a partial savannah view and they happily confirmed. What they didn’t mention (and what would have been my second request, had it been an option) was that our room was also only a few STEPS away from the lobby - you literally just duck into the hallway to the left of reception (same level) and it’s the second or third room on your right!

The picture window/balcony looks out over another wing of AKL (straight ahead), but there’s a small stretch of savannah with a watering hole between the two wings, so there were almost always animals to see! Stepping out onto the balcony and looking out towards the left side where the savannah widens gave us the best views. A few photos attached, the giraffes are zoomed in a bit.

We loved out room, great choice for a partial savannah view (at resort room price)!

13 Likes