Please Post Your Room Request Results

• Art of Animation
  • Standard Little Mermaid Room
  • TP email (used to be fax) request, no other methods
  • Requested a continuous room for two separate one night stays, with a king bed if possible
  • As noted, we had two separate one-night stays booked
  • 7603 for both nights, with a king bed, no re-check-in needed - result!
4 Likes
  • Resort: Pop
  • Class of room booked: Standard
  • Method used (e.g. fax request, note on reservation, on-line check-in, etc.): TP Email
  • Room requested: 5436
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): None
  • Result: 4156 - Opposite building and on ground floor-it worked out well and had a view of the lake which is what we wanted. Only issue is that our room wasn’t ready until after 4:00PM which messed with our even plans a little.
1 Like
  • Resort: Contemporary
  • Class of room booked: Club Level
  • Method used: TP Email
  • Room requested: 4905 - 14th Floor
  • Additional circumstances: None
  • Result: 4905 - 14 Floor
    Our room was ready and waiting before noon - just before we arrived at the resort!!
5 Likes
  • Pop Century
  • Standard room
  • TP email (used to be fax) request, no other methods
  • ”Continuous stay King Bed,Bldg 1950s/60s/70s,Flr 4 if poss.N-facing if poss.Example:6422,0402,6322.”
  • We had two separate stays booked, a single night and a three night
  • 0415 for all four nights, two queen beds but no re-check-in needed, in the 70s, Floor 4, E-facing. Ticks most of the boxes, and is a much nicer room than what we had at AoA regardless of bed type! Happy with it! Incidentally they actually had a duplicate reservation for me for some reason which did have 0402, but I preferred 0415 when given the option, it’s a quieter room.
3 Likes
  • Resort - Yacht Club
  • Class of room booked - Standard
  • Method used - TP email
  • Room requested: A room with a daybed
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): None
  • Result - Success! Got a daybed
3 Likes

Split stay with mixed results

Resort: POFQ
Class of Room: Standard
Method used: TP email
Room Request: 6104
Additional Circumstances: none
Room received: 6147
Excellent room - right on the river, close to boat launch. We never got a room ready text and went to the front desk after our day at the park (around 10pm) and were very happy with the room, this was a win!

Resort: Pop
Class of Room: Preferred Pool View
Method used: TP email
Room Request: 3413
Additional Circumstances: wanted to be closest to Skyliner
Room received: 5466

This room faces the Hippy Dippy pool and initially, I was disappointed because I really wanted to be facing hourglass lake and near the Skyliner (I had forgotten I booked a pool view, duh). But, the room ended up being OK - equidistant from the food court and the skyliner. The down side was that we faced the pool which was noisy during mid-morning (we attempted to sleep late due to late nights) but overall still fine.

1 Like
  • Resort: Pop Century
  • Class of room booked: Standard
  • Room requested: 6336
  • Additional circumstances: None
  • Result: 9238

I guess it was close to the corner - but otherwise, not what I requested (was hoping to be closer to the skyliner). On the other hand, this was our second stay in building 9 at Pop Century, and it has a close walk to the bus area and the luggage drop off area (which is where we pick up uber/lyft rides).

1 Like
  • Resort: Contemporary Resort
  • Class of room booked: Garden view
  • Room requested: 6110
  • Additional circumstances: First anniversary
  • Result: 6118

We were very happy with our room assignment. It was just a few rooms down from our request and we had a beautiful lake view. Room was also very quiet.

3 Likes

There are no standard rooms in building 6 are there? Did you request a better category than you had booked? Or did you book a garden or river view?

I looked at my booking and I booked a standard room

All the rooms in building 6 are either garden view (which 6104 is) or river view according to TP, which is why I asked. We also got upgraded to a river view room in building 6 this year, but I’d requested a standard room facing the car park in building 4.

guess we got upgraded then :slight_smile:

Yep, which is fab. But I would never suggest anyone request a room in a different category than they had booked. There are no bad rooms at POFQ, but there are plenty in other resorts and that’s a good way to make sure you get one of them 99% of the time.

Just clarifying for people who might think that requesting a better room will get them a free upgrade. Great if it does of course!

1 Like

Hi I am trying to book dvc at copper creek for next November. Do you have any insight on these studios? I’ve heard people say the first floor is not good and the top floors have a cement wall as the balcony rather than a railing you can see through. I am trying to figure out what floors are the best and what kind of room request to make. They also ask if you would like bath or walk in shower. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

• Resort - Beach Club Villas
  • Class of room booked - 1BR, Standard View
  • Method used - TP email
  • Room requested: 310
  • Additional circumstances (anything that may have affected your request): Clarified on TP email that really wanted close to elevators and in one of two “wings” of BCV (300-330, etc)
  • Result - 336. NOT a fan of this room. View of the same pool as 310 but from the other side, felt like a mile to the elevators. Was across from ice/vending, trash, and housekeeping maintenance (noisy). Wasn’t BCV recently renovated? The paint was peeling, finishes were scratched off and one outlet didn’t work (that the phone and lamp were plugged into). Room wasn’t ready until 4:30 either. Didn’t complain bc we had a busy itinerary and I didn’t have time to sit at the front desk, but I was pretty disappointed. Public areas were nice and BCV overall location is great. From BCV gate to Hollywood Studios via Skyliner was under 20min!
3 Likes

Just wanted to point out that with DVC rooms, they are ready “after 4pm”. Obviously some will be ready early but a room being ready at 4:30pm is reasonable IMO.

Did you report the outlet not working?

I did, but told them I didn’t have time to wait for maintenance as it wasn’t a big deal. And I should have clarified the 4:30pm “disappointment”. It wasn’t the time so much as when we entered the room it looked like it had been barely cleaned. In fact they forgot to refresh all the towels and we found a pill on the floor. I understand the timeframe but I was underwhelmed with what they did in that timeframe :slight_smile:

I believe we had an unusual experience as I’ve heard great reports from others, including one friend who was there the same week. I can chalk it up to bad luck, but I’ll Also be hesitant to stay there again at the price we paid.

1 Like
  • Resort: AKL- Kidani
  • Class of room booked: Standard Studio
  • Method used: TP email
  • Room requested: 7737
  • Additional circumstance: I said that we would love to get a glimpse of animals and that 7637 and 7737 appear to be standard studios with animal views
  • Result: 7637, partial (great view, but could also see fence) pembe savannah view

3 Likes

That does sound like a nightmare, I agree. I missed that bit, sorry. I hope that was all rectified very promptly.

• Resort: AKL- Jambo.
  • Class of Room Booked- Standard View.
  • Method used - TP email
  • Room requested - 2261
  • Additional circumstances: On honeymoon. Requested renovated, partial view & was flexible with bedding requests, and happy for longer walk to maximise views. Advised happy to wait for better room despite early arrival (went to parks).
  • Result: 2379

Suspect we were upgraded to Savannah view (can anyone confirm?), as no obstructions to view. Delighted with room assignment. View was incredible. Walk is long from lobby but manageable for us. 2 x Queen bed & renovated.

2 Likes