Please help me stop freaking out about my Fastpass decisions in MK

OK. This is our second family trip to WDW with myself, DH, DS13, DD10. We have 8 park days (8/23-8/30), no hoppers, and 2 full days planned in MK.
Today is my 60 day FP+ day and I am feeling pretty secure in my decisions for every day EXCEPT Day 1 in MK. There are a few rides that we did not get to ride the last time we went so I want to be sure to do those, however, there are also going to be rides that we definitely want to do again.

Our Must Dos that we have never ridden before: ETWB, PPF, IASW, Winnie the Pooh, BTM, Laugh Floor, Peoplemover. Also Swiss FT and Tiki Room but I assume these will not require a FP+.

Do agains are Splash, Space, SDMT, JC, POTC, HM, Buzz.

For MK Day 2 I have FP+ for SDMT, Splash, and Space. These are all in the def do again category. Day 2 has EMM and MNSSHP, we are not using either of these.
For MK Day 1 I have ETWB, PPF, and HM. We are rope dropping Day 1 so expect to get right on to some rides between 9-10 am without FP+.
On both days I plan to obtain 4th and beyond FP+ by using @OBNurseNH’s recent instructional post (modify modify modify!).

Thank you in advance to anyone willing to help me sort this out!

Without knowing the details of your plan, it looks like you have made good FP selections. I would probably RD BTM and JC and then head to Fantasy land as you can get additional FPPs for IASW, WTP, Laugh Floor pretty easily in my experience. That covers everything on your list.

2 Likes

Day 1 I would rope drop PPF, Winnie and do fantasyland and Buzz, FPP for SDMT, ETWB, and Splash
Day 2 rope drop Space, Buzz, FPP BTMR, and your 2 favourite rides, or maybe POTC. You should be able to pick up an extra FPP for IASW and HM. I like to do lots of short rides in the first hour, mainly saving my FPP for the longer stuff like Splash or BTMR. Hope you work it all out

2 Likes

I still have to adjust my TPs according to the FP+ that I just reserved for each day. I am doing that next. Maybe this step would help with my decision making. I am probably just getting ahead of myself which is why I’m freaking out :stuck_out_tongue:

And with your second MK day being a party day, you should be able to get through a lot in the morning without a FP or late morning/afternoon with your 4th FP onwards. Seems like a good plan to me.

I assume this is 8/28, in which case I’ll also be there! We’re doing EMM, staying for a few hours with no FP, and then hopping to HS.

2 Likes

Yes, our Day 2 is 8/28 and day 1 is 8/23. I need to get a liner pin to wear.

2 Likes

This LOL

2 Likes

Are there better areas of the park for 4th+ FP touring? What about no FP touring? We’re splitting a party day morning/afternoon at MK with an afternoon/evening at DHS and trying to figure out how to strategize our FP’s.

1 Like

We’ll be one day behind you at MK! 8/24 and 8/29! I book our fastpasses tomorrow morning and MK is the one I’ve debated the most. I do think you have picked some good fastpasses. Definitely try to rope drop BTMRR and JC as their lines tend to fill up quickly.

1 Like

Check out this post for info about same day fastpasses :slight_smile:

https://blog.touringplans.com/2018/04/18/fastpass-availability-at-walt-disney-world-update-3/

2 Likes

Liner pin? Where do I get one?

3 Likes

Hi, we will be there same time (8/15-28). I tentatively have 8/23 as an MK day, but likely going to go to splurge for the party that night. We will also be at MK on 8/28 after hoppng over from AK.

I would FP BTM before ETWB, but otherwise think your plan looks great.

1 Like

I think you may have the days mixed up. I’m pretty sure that 8/28 is a party night and 8/23 is not.

1 Like

OOOPs, you are right. We will be at MK on the 23rd and do the party on the 24th.

1 Like

Try this link. :slight_smile:
https://www.zazzle.com/touringplans

Crowd levels are predicted as a 2 on 8/28 vs a level 6 on 8/23, I’m very curious whether this will turn out to be true!

We’re doing that party too :smiley:

Thankyou! This helped. Switched out my Soarin FP+ for FEA on 2nd Epcot Day

1 Like

I agree those look like great choices!! We will be there on the 23 and 24

1 Like