Please Help Me Decide Celebration at the Top, MNSSHP, White Noise Machine

I have 2 weeks until my ADR day. Has anyone here done the Celebration at the Top at the Contemporary? Is it worth the price?

Also, trying to decide if we should do MNSSHP in October. If any one goes to the August parties, please give me your thoughts. I can’t wait too long to decide since parties are starting to sell out. This would be 3 adults attending.

Any recommendations on white noise machines as long as I have your attention?

1 Like

Plenty of free apps available on phones. No need to waste money and packing space on a machine.

2 Likes

I use a free app on my phone (Android) called White Noise Lite that works great. (I use a white noise machine at home, but prefer not to lug it around for travel.) You can pick a large array of sounds (I tend to go with “Airplane Travel” for my sound).

3 Likes

This is what we travel with that is great!

2 Likes

This is what we had for our June 2021 trip. Love it.

2 Likes

Lol we have the same one :rofl::rofl::rofl: but it is a great little machine!

1 Like

This is what I have and it is amazing! Yes it is expensive, but it works in both the US and in Europe which I needed when I went to Spain. It has changed my packing so much, as it takes up very little space (I used to pack a real fan in my carryon). I will not sleep without consistent fan noise. I tried the app based ones and they just do not work for me.

2 Likes

My DH and I loved the MNSSHP in 2015 and we also REALLY liked the Christmas after hours last year. If you like Halloween and the party atmosphere and costumes, etc I would probably squeeze a party into my plans. I do prefer the After Hours having done that, but it doesn’t seem like they are bringing that back. I wouldn’t go to a party thinking that that it will be super low crowds anymore is the only caveat.

3 Likes

This!

Kind of like when people say “I’ll just stay on the ship in Nassau for an empty ship.” It ain’t empty on Nassau Day.

2 Likes

DH and I enjoyed the Christmas party in 2018. But I am in shock (not really, it is Disney) at how high the ticket prices are for MNSSHP.

I prefer a portable white noise machine- always travel with that and a hub for charging stuff. I have the app on my phone that I can use in a pinch, but on occasion I get an update or something and that will interfere with the app and having been woken up a few times randomly makes me super irritated. :slight_smile:

I don’t know why, but it seems any review I read on this party is kind of blah… I would just probably get a reservation for dinner at the California Grill, and then stay there for the fireworks viewing if you wanted to watch them from outside the park.

1 Like

I have the same one that @melcort10 and @mathhound have and I love it.

I’ll amend that I have both the one with the buttons on top, and this one. I like the older one with the buttons on top more though. Also, to deal with the light, I just put black electrical tape on top and it blocked it right out.

2 Likes

The non looping noise is everything for me.

1 Like

I generally pack mine stuffed into a sneaker. So it’s really not that big and it also can plug into any outlet. It’s just a micro USB connection.

1 Like

Oh, I just like the buttons on top :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Bringing this back to recheck if anyone has done the Celebration at the Top yet.

I’m trying to figure out where to end up on Mother’s Day. The new version of Celebration at the Top which goes on sale April 1 or VIP firework viewing and dinner at BoG after.

I might try to do Sip, Sparkle whatever earlier in the trip instead.

1 Like

I thought Celebration at the Top wasn’t around anymore. I did it December 2021 and really liked it. I wish there would have been more food options, but the unlimited drinks and private fireworks viewing made up for it.

ETA: I see they are bringing back a new one. You should go for it!

1 Like

Thank you!

I’m glad to know you enjoyed it. I’ll certainly keep an eye out.