Please give advice for Magic Kingdom plans with toddler

I see you added a break your second day- I think this a smart idea
Another option would be to just end the day a 4/5ish and got back to the hotel to eat and your son could go to sleep earlier that night and you could pack for your early flight (I know it’s not as magical as fireworks…)

1 Like

Our 3yo hated Tomorrowland Speedway. The cars were really hard for her to steer, and she got very frustrated. I steered from the other side which made for a crazy ride. I will say that she really wanted to do it though. Ultimately, it was sort of funny but, I was frustrated that we used our rope drop for it. If he isn’t interested, then I’d think about skipping it.

Good insight, thanks- it’s always so helpful to hear first hand accounts from parents of littles! I’m counting on him liking Speedway, but our second MK day is a lot more flexible than the first day. I’ll see how the first day goes, what our kiddo likes, what we like and frantically reevaluate our 2nd day on our resort day.

That would certainly be more practical…we’ll see how he does. I would hate to miss the fireworks on our last night though :sob:

We’ve never had any of our toddlers on the Speedway. We get near it and the fumes from the engines are off putting. One adult even backed off and he was looking forward to it especially. Perhaps, we have too many allergies in our family.

Our toddlers have napped best in their strollers, spontaneously, mostly at meal times it seems. But when they nap while touring we’ve often used that time to explore shops.

It sounds as tho you’ll have a great trip.

1 Like

I would really plan for character ls unless you’re doing meals. At that age, that will be the highlight.

Agreed. My 2 yo stroller napped every day, sometimes earlier than planned. The heat and business takes a lot out of them. I’m very much opposed to returning to resort but think stroller napping is a great idea. You could even go on the monorail if you think the motion will help. If there’s no nap, there will be melt downs and I would suggest returning by 3 at the latest.

Yes, I think this is better. We ended all our days early.

We have a character meal planned for each day! Our son loves rides though so I think he’ll be happy, especially in the MK. We do have meet and greets planned for our Epcot day to keep him interested.

Looks good to me, although I could see you jettisoning some things on the fly. But you have enough time at MK with multiple days to be sure you see a lot. Definitely bring a stroller. Even if you think he won’t use it he will. And he might nap in it despite not napping elsewhere b/c Disney is so exhausting.