Please Do NOT Fill in All Available Space - A Trip Report in the Time of COVID

Jealous!

I fell prey to those 40% AP discounts. :grimacing:

2 Likes

DW and I love the Riviera and I think the PV rooms have amazing views (and that side of the building is SUPER quiet). The balcony will be perfect for drinking a cup of coffee in the morning or a cocktail at night. Hopefully you get a quiet moment to enjoy it with your crew.

1 Like

Man, I am a sucker for coffee on a patio. Can’t wait!!!

School dismisses in 5 minutes!!! First in the carpool line!

Magic bands, souvenir money and shirts in these little goodie bags!! :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

25 Likes

I’m so excited! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oooooo I’m so excited to hear!!!

3 Likes

I cant wait! Details when you get a chance!

3 Likes

I am so excited for them! seems I have some dust in my eyes… OH MY GOSH I’m so excited for them!!!

4 Likes

You may need to borrow @OBNurseNH 's fainting couch for the littles. Or find a trampoline for the bouncing!

2 Likes

I am very sorry but the fainting couch has a tag attached that reads:

“Do not remove this tag under penalty of law.
Couch is not to be used by persons under the age of 21
In reality it is meant for sad old ladies who can’t get to their sacred spaces often enough
But we can look the other way so long as the fainter is 21+”

8 Likes

Nice job RDing the school pickup! :grinning: Hopefully that’s a good omen for the trip.

6 Likes

Its probably better you have it close. I am NOT not bringing DD22 to the sacred spaces – Saturday is our AK day so have it ready.

4 Likes

I have oodles of time for fainting on Saturday and I shall look forward to it. Perhaps I will prepare a featured beverage to enjoy during that time.

2 Likes

She was looking at the weather forecast and said “Mom, it looks like periods of rain Saturday – what will we do?” Foolish Mortal…

ETA – sorry for the hijack @DeepInTheHeartofTexas – we’ll move this to my trip report thread. You won’t be bringing your littles to the sacred spaces Saturday (but if you do, let’s say hi!)

ETA2: I see you will be there Sunday, and are planning such an excursion!

2 Likes

We are sitting at the terminal!!!

Kids were elated and then DS and DD6 were crushed to find out DH isn’t coming. They cried. :sob: Also help me hype the Skyliner! DS got terrified at the mention of a ride tonight! They are already surprising me with their reactions!! It’ll be an interesting week!!

All are fine now and super pumped!! It was hard to capture everyone’s emotions in the same frame. DD6’s expression summarizes our collective feels. :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

I hope you’re right!!

Hilarious hijacking!!! I love it!!

I wish we could enjoy SS together!!!

Dad ought to be awfully touched that those kiddos wanted him along so badly! Love the pictures. Can’t wait to hear more.

I personally loved the Skyliner. I’m one who is afraid of heights and steep places, but the Skyliner didn’t bother me at all. I felt very safe and secure in my cab. I think the kids will love it. It’s not like those rocking gondolas on the Pixar Pal-a-round (aka Mickey’s Fun Wheel) in California Adventure! Very smooth ride.

3 Likes

I was the one that was not going to ride the Skyliner, and DH said he would. When we got there, I’m the one who rode it (more than once) and DH didn’t at all, and my thrill-ride-loving daughter only ride once.

Make sure that any of them that get motion sick face forward, though.

2 Likes