Please critique my EPCOT, 2 adult, Crowd Level 1 Plan

Okay. Does your wait time increase significantly if you swap TT for MS:G? That would ensure you arrive in your FP window. Not sure what it does to the TT line, though.

Good idea!

Only 12 min extra TT wait time, I would have to take some Pavilion time out to make sure I make Land FPP.

As the day goes on we would have to make sure we get to use Land FPP…

But I have decided to only worry about making my Soarin FPP and go with TT before MS, which will mean extra wait time late in day on a second non-FPP soarin ride if we decide on doing it twice…

Oh, so many decisions…

I feel your pain. We usually do Epcot in two days, but our May 2020 trip, we only have one day for Epcot. Squeezing it all in is a chore, so we’re basically walking through most of WS going, “Okay. Here’s France. See the Eiffel tower? Oh! Time’s up…moving along…” :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So… idk if I examined your second draft closer or if the changes you made threw off items. Here are the issues I see in this draft – 20th-6-noDel

Both MS Green & LwtL FPP are arriving late. Yes… you have a 15 minute “late” window, but you are putting yourself in a position to have to rush.

Steps

#4 - I really think you need to make Kringla Kafe at least 10 minutes. There can be a line there that close to 11am when WS opens and more people are in the area. You are also arrive 5 minutes later than you want. This will affect the rest of the day. There can be a line there that close to 11am when WS opens and more people are in the area.

#6 Italy = You are scheduled to leave before the ACT you want to see even starts

#7 American Adventure – You are schedule to arrive at Noon. This is the exact time the show starts. You may not make it.

#10 France – You will either be waiting 20+ minutes for Serveur to start & then going to see Impressions of France or watching the film and rushing to see the street show. Also, verify if he will be performing that day. Recently WDW cut back on Epoct street entertainment. I’m pretty sure he may only be out on the weekends

#12 - I don’t think they do the Lumberjack show anymore. Look like it closed in 2015.

#15 – You scheduled it at 5:30pm, but you arrive at 4:44pm

#18 – China – another show you are arriving at as it starts

#22 – You scheduled it for 60 minutes at 7:30pm and are arriving at 7:55pm. This will make you late for Fireworks

I did make a mock plan for your first steps. That order will save you 10 minutes by putt FEA first. However, you walk up & down that side of the park. If you do FEA as step 3 the queue goes up to 26 minutes. It’s “that choice” do I walk a lot of stand in queue. Up to you.

For all the ACTs you want to see. You can insert them into your plan. They are listed as “Shows and Diversions” as you scroll through the attractions. It may help you to see your arrival times to shows better that way.

Hope you found this useful and not critical. I just want to help. :smiley:

1 Like

RE: Published Plans…

I wish that the published Plans showed the ‘Walking Speed’ that was used to ‘Evaluate’ them…

And put a yellow ‘0’ dot at the start entrance…

No, it’s definitely 5 early, 15 late - TP will happily use those 15 mins if you let it and the info online is pretty consistent on this. The feedback you’ve given is really good and I wouldn’t necessarily recommend being in that last 5 minute window - but it is there.

About the lack of actual acts in the plan - that’s a result of the discussion we had here:

I agree, it might be better to have the acts listed in any case, not least because if the times change going onto the plan will then let you see this. But I see why it is the way it is.

2 Likes

Cool! Good to know! I guess I mixed it up somehow… :crazy_face:

1 Like

OK… so I made a mock-up of your entire plan updated with my suggestions. You get to do everything you want, on-time, and you have an extra 45 minutes of free time. It doesn’t use your FPP for LwtL as you don’t need it and aren’t trying to get any extra FPP that day

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3935196

Thoughts?

1 Like

I like your plan…although, I’m not sure I like the idea of putting LWTL first thing. Adds quite a bit of walking. If you just go straight to MS:G, I think you can accomplish the same thing fairly well, but move LWTL to a time when near Soarin’.

Wait. I noticed you missed China entirely. I think @carmen wanted to see the acrobats.

Good catch! Back to the drawing board!

On second thought, I forgot this is entry from International Gateway, so while it is still adding some walking time…not as much as I originally thought.

Boy you guys are sharp :wink: :+1:

I will work that into 10 minutes, not even sure we want to buy there, but for sure we want to take a look…

I have not seen the fact that Eating and Break requested time mean a whole lot, other than the duration. How is this affecting rest of the day if they get the duration correct?

Ooops missed that in all the shuffling lately, fixed now…

There should be a better way of adding Paviliion acts to the Plans…

Good point, will update notes to ‘walk faster’ to get to the event when this happens…

Thanks, great info… note is updated and better timing now…

Darn, note removed…

See my comment about Break above, what diff this makes if duration is correct?

Ah, this is also where I planned to add a note to walk fast from SE to China…

But again it did not show us being late for Fireworks ???

RE: Adding ACTs to plan… I hate the way they are handled by TP now so I make them in the Notes…

I think you should, instead, put, “skip playfully, hand-in-hand”. See if your husband notices. :wink:

2 Likes

I am having a hard time keeping up with you guys…

Next I will look at @darkmite2 mockup but I think my last changes took care of @darkmite2 comments before his mockup too. :wink:

Listen. Why don’t you just step aside while we plan your vacation for you. :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks!

Yes… TP will just give you the 5 minute break with no regard to what time it happens. However, if you want to stay “on schedule” so you aren’t late to a show / FPP in future steps you should schedule the breaks when they will actually occur.

In your TP, by scheduling a 60 minute break at 7:30pm and not arriving until 7:55pm - your break, IRL, concludes at 8:55pm just minutes before Epcot Forever starts. You’ll have less time to shop than planned and you’ll have less of a chance to get a good fireworks viewing spot.

I’m working on the updated plan, but the China Acrobats are giving me fits! Are those FPP times already scheduled / locked in?

FYI - I’ll actually need to go do my job for a bit soon. So I may vanish for a while… :wink:

LOL, if you do try again, my memory from my EP vists decades ago, was that in order to beat the WS crowds, it was a good idea to skip ahead on your first WS loop, not get ahead, come back, get ahead again…

I know we are going on an EP crowd level 1 day (with no magic hours), but I PROMISED my husband to try to keep him away from even those meager crowds :wink:

PS. Having to stand in a queue is his worst nightmare… so I figure minimize that and get the lines over at the start so he can calm down…

Yes I can not get an earlier Tier 1 than my 1st Soarin.
I can not get an earlier Tier 2 than MS.
Land would be flexible but must fit in with our walking…

EDIT: I am trying to make sure we do not have to watch the last Acrobat show, just in case…

1 Like

My wife is the same. She’s usually good until about lunch time / when the FPP start to run out. I totally get it. My next WDW trip is going to be a solo adventure as she says she’s had enough of the queues.

1 Like

@carmen

I’ve done the best I can, for now. I can’t fit in your shopping time yet. The Acrobats only perform in the late afternoon. That really throws a wrench in the flow of the plan. I’ve got to step away for a bit. If I can get back on later I will.

https://touringplans.com/plans/print?id=3935196

1 Like