Playing with touring plans seems useless

Most of my trips I have received multiple updates before my trip. Many people get very angry when low numbers increase in these updates. If you have a good plan, those numbers are not a concern. Once again, just my personal opinion.

2 Likes

Correct
This update basically cut numbers in half for the next twelve months. Are you thinking TP will increase them weeks before someone’s trip? TP maybe OVER adjusted?

They always change before a trip, some up and some down. It doesn’t matter when you go.

Agree. My point was that the 12 month crowd calendar seems way more accurate than what had been posted (normal condition #'s)

I know many people with booked trips were very relieved the other day! (Including me)

So you asked will TP change them weeks before someone’s trip and my answer is yes, they always do. Did they overadjust? They’re basing it on current information. If things change, then they will change. You can be relieved now but if Disney opens to full capacity and people flock back, numbers will go up. We had really good CLs predicted for our last trip, they looked realistic, and they snuck up closer to the time. They often do.

2 Likes

Yep it’s definitely a predictions based on current conditions. The strange thing is HS hit the current capacity limit this weekend but only showed as a “1”.

And the wait times were not bad at all on September 5:

Hard to believe that Christmas time will be a “3”. But of course that capacity limit is the reason why, I guess. And I doubt that limit will increase substantially any time soon.

There is no way TP can predict if/when international travel will be allowed, the economy, or vaccine timeline.

2 Likes

According to wait times last week for EP and AK, average wait times were about 50% shorter on weekdays. At least for the sum total for all the rides I was interested in riding. That’s a significant difference. Those are the only two parks I checked, so I can’t vouch for HS or MK

1 Like

All 1s and 2s for my stay.

1 Like

When is your stay? I was just listening to Disney Dish and I swear Len said he expected September into October to get busier.

I’ll be in parks 11/14-11/20

Yes, this is why Ive set a TP but know is just a loose list of what I want to do and know when I get to Disney, I need to be flexible. There is no data that exists IMO that predict whats going to happen a few months from now. A few months back Disney way just starting to reopen.

2 Likes

Epcot has never hit it’s reduced capacity limit since re-opening. The weekend will see local AP holders coming for the food and wine booths.

Not sure about AK, but if it has it certainly doesn’t very often.

I think we’re talking about different things. I’m saying that there is a difference in wait times between weekends and weekdays- which I believe you said in your initial post that there shouldn’t be much difference. You seem to be talking about park capacity. Right now, my understanding is that parks aren’t hitting their capacity except for HS.

2 Likes

You’re correct, kinda!

The OP mentioned DHS as their example. That is a park that is hitting it’s target capacity every day, so in that case there wouldn’t be differences between the weekend and weekday wait times.

Maybe I should have said that for DHS I wouldn’t expect any difference no matter what day it is. Epcot would definitely be different. MK and AK probably fall in the middle somewhere.

1 Like

Aaaah I see now. Yes. The OP is referring to the difference in waits between a non-holiday Monday in August and a non-holiday Monday in November. Not the difference between waits on a weekend vs a week day. I agree, those should be about the same for HS.

So they other thing I was thinking that IS useful with making a TP is it will show you whats open and closed, it makes it easy to see any seasonal offerings. I hope TP keeps the up to date.

1 Like