Planning....where to begin?

I’m starting to plan a 3 day trip at the end of June. I’ve been to WDW and know how to plan that. Feeling a little lost. Do I book through Disney? Are there better options?

Where to stay? We have a 8 year old and a 1 year old so want to stay close in case one of us needs to take the little one back.

Also, character dining, which one do people recommend?

We are flying into LAX and renting a car as we have another week in San Diego after DLR.

Thanks for any advice!

Here are a few suggestions

I don’t suggest booking through Disney. There are no discounts and you have to pay in advance. I book directly with the hotels (unless staying on-site). Purchase your tickets separately. Again, when they are packaged together you don’t get any breaks and you pay in advance.

If you want to stay off-site and want to be really close, my favorite is the Best Western Park Place Inn. It is the closest off-site hotel. It is right out of the park gates. When my 9 year old was younger, we would stay there and go back for naps in the afternoon. It worked out great. My next favorite is a couple of doors down at the Marriott Fairfield Inn. A really short walk.

For character dining, it depends on who you want to see. Do you have a preference? We have done them all.

When we fly in and start with DLR, we usually will take a shuttle to the resort and then pick-up our rental car from Alamo in Downtown Disney. That way we are not paying to park a car we are not using at the hotel.

Although it doesn’t answer your specific questions, several years I did a 12 part “DLR for WDW vets” blog. Although some of the info is now a bit out of date, I think it’s still a good intro to DLR for someone who’s never been there before.

www.bswan26dl.blogspot.com

It really needs to be viewed on a PC. Start with part 1’and read in order.

1 Like