Planning used to be a great diversion!

18 and 19 December.

Currently planning all kinds of crazy trips for that time.

Like what if we don’t have FPs and it’s crowded. Made a touring plan with all 2, 2.5, 3 and 3.5 star attractions at MK. A bunch of stuff and it was all done by mid-afternoon. It was done a lot sooner when I went thru using the X button. Some of attractions we’ve done and NOT doing again. Is there a shudder emoji?

1 Like

Another Eeyore here. We had just booked our trip for the end of August and booked our ADRs and then the world fell apart. I can’t even think about planning because it does feel like there’s no point and the trip probably won’t happen. One of my good friends had been planning for over 2 years for her March trip and WDW closed the day they arrived in FL. I keep reminding myself this is such a first world problem, but it is still hard.

5 Likes

Before Covid my hope was NY to MI (via Canada) to CO to TX and then a cruise out of Galveston. We could still do the land version I guess.
I need to get my house ready to sell so maybe it’s all for the best that I’m not planning!

1 Like

We had a carefully planned trip for April break that we postponed to August. I’m afraid to start planning to just have to delete it all over again. Also, how to plan? We don’t know how anything is going to work?? Are the touring plans’ “computers” giving projections for 50% capacity??

1 Like

Closed on selling our other house on March 6th. Did so much remodeling/refreshing to get it ready, then still heard feedback that baffled me. Best of luck in the process.

1 Like

I rescheduled our trip for May to November. I really like to plan, as well. But it seems like so many things will probably be really different with the parks that I can’t begin to know how to start creating touring plans. For one thing, I am sure the crowd calendars have become unreliable given the circumstances. And there is no telling if all the parks and rides will be open and how the parks will operate at all. So I’m just waiting.

The opening of Star Wars Land last year - at almost this time - really did a number on planning.
September went from usually relatively low crowds to who knows what to expect. 3 out of 4 parks with EMH every morning and HS with 3 hrs of EMH.

We had a big group with about a third off site, so no EMH for them and 30 day FPs.

June was a nightmare but about mid July I realized we could still count on a few things.

This tho, is different. Will some rides be closed? Will there be FPs.

Our June trip was moved to December which is as up in the air as any time before then.

I’m planning an unplanned trip. No FPs. Ideas of what we’d like to do. Table service and quick service choices both at most meals, just in case one or the other aren’t open. Especially trying out new to us places. We love character buffets - so likely not to happen. :blush:

2 Likes

DH & I planned a quick trip after visiting family. We live in NJ and things are still crazy here so we officially pulled the plug and cancelled our flights, ADRs and FP. I still kept the 6/1 check in date just to see if Disney gives any incentive to move the trip.
I booked another at Pop in Sept. just in case I wasn’t able to secure one later on.
Due to the date change and work schedules & flight costs, we now have more time in Disney - yay! The plan is to attend MNSSHP and we were looking forward to F&W. But now I am worried that Epcot won’t even be open by then. The plan was to also enjoy some downtime at the resort, however the food court doesn’t seem all that appealing for a few days. I’m basically re-thinking everything except our O’Hana dinner the night we arrive. In addition to worrying about when/how exactly Disney will re-open and will this trip even be worth it?
It’s a nice distraction here at work though. First world problems for sure.

1 Like