Planning My Next Solo Trip

I thoroughly enjoyed early November and the Christmas parades and decorations. But …The resort prices this year are out of sight. :eyes:
(Stayed at Contemporary last year for $380 a night, so a bit spoiled at this point. :laughing: Fingers crossed for a code.)
Looking at the tiny rooms at Riviera. What are your thoughts on that resort? (Want to stay deluxe someplace I haven’t.)

2 Likes

I was just watching this YouTube video

2 Likes

He’s hilarious. I love it! And this video did it. Now I’m obsessed. :weary:

Thanks for sharing the video link… I am NOT impressed! TOO Small, TOO expensive, even w/ DVC points. The gift shop in the resort has got to be the smallest of any DVC property too. Just MHO

1 Like

I have to agree… If they were substantially cheaper than a regular studio, they might make sense for a solo traveler (I personally think they are too small even for two!)
But not at that price point.

4 Likes

Tower “suite”?!? :joy:

2 Likes

What are your thoughts on Wilderness Lodge? How’s the transportation?

Have not stayed at Riv but have visited and it doesn’t do anything for me.

It’s not bad in my opinion. They have the boat and a bus for MK. Everything else is bus, but I don’t find it awful.

Did anyone notice that there was a door in the bathroom? Was it a tiny closet? I’m curious…

Yes, it’s the closet for the room. Weird, but I guess you could leave the door open and steam your clothes while you shower, lol.

3 Likes

You know, you could be on to something here :thinking: :joy:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Now I’m totally singing that song. Thanks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I do think that the room would be fine for one person, so it would be attractive to me as a solo traveller. It seems like a great resort for adults too, with the pools & restaurants available. But the price is just too much. For that size it needs to be closer to a moderate resort price (say, $250-300/night).

5 Likes

I was checking resort pricing last night- as I do nearly every day. :blush: I found the tiny room at Riviera for the same price as my booking at SSR, I grabbed it! The CM I spoke with was great. I buy the insurance with these trips and thought I would have to eat the cost on the old reservation. He said as long as I transferred the funds to my new reservation there’s no penalty. Yay!
The only bummer is Riviera wasn’t available for all my nights, so I had to reduce six nights to five. Oh well, saves $$. I realize the price point for that room is ridiculous, but it’s way down from months earlier. It was over $700 at one point. :eyes: Now that it’s in line with SSR - I can live with it.

4 Likes

Desperately trying to squeeze another night out of this trip. Here’s what I’m thinking.

Add a day to the beginning of the trip. Riviera Tower Studio is available. No park ticket, so it would be a resort/Disney Springs day.

Day two: This is check-in day of the original package. Even if I have to switch rooms it will be easier than having to switch resorts. Am I right? Would you do this?
I have never done a split stay.

2 Likes

This is a solo trip right? You’ll be fine. It will be a mild annoyance, but worth it for an extra day. :slight_smile: (I did a split stay at 4 different resorts with 4 kids and we survived. :joy:)

3 Likes

Four splits plus kiddos - that certainly puts it in perspective. :laughing:
What did you find annoying - waiting on luggage?

2 Likes

Yeah just that they won’t take your luggage to your new room anymore for you - you have to call bell services to pick it up (or bring it down yourself) and you never know how long that will take. Could be instantaneous or 20 minutes+. Then you have to call from your new room before they will bring it up to you. They used to leave it in your room for you even if you weren’t there, if I’m not mistaken.

2 Likes